My Favorite Book: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card inspired my dark side of writing

Christisump
I would have to say that the book that inspired me the most is a book called Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. The book is about a boy named Andrew “Ender” who lives on earth, but seems to have something extraordinary about him. Ender can fight regardless of his small size. He is monitored by officials of the International Fleet which is a military that fights “buggers”. The buggers are the aliens that they must fight off. They eventually choose Ender to join the International Fleet which is located in space. Ender is challenged physically, and emotionally. After being disconnected from a normal childhood for so long he has become brutal and emotionless.
After reading this book my writing style has been inspired. I loved the dark twists, turns, and details that Orson gave. It was a morbid tale, yet there seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to write with emotions and detail just like Orson did. The story was pieced together in a series of events that changed as Ender changed. It was something that I had never seen in a style that actually flowed well and had meaning. It was almost as if, every year that Ender grew up the story changed into a different nature.
You could see that Ender was becoming more aggressive and slowly forgetting everything about the normal world that he had grown up in. This made you relate to him even more to know that he was a normal person, but had his childhood erased from his memory. In fact he never really had a childhood, because he joined the fleet at the age of six. When Ender did something that affected him, it was as if I was attached to him and could feel everything that he was feeling. This fascinated me, because I had never really felt that way before. To me this is how the reader should always feel whenever I write. Even though you may have never had the same issue as the character you should feel so intrigued by them, that you almost enter their mind and body.
This was a gift that Orson had somehow mastered, and I finally accepted the fact that I may not be the best at making characters relaitable, but I can make them seem like a real person. When I really put hard work into a piece I want to make sure that my writing stays with the reader. Many people tell me my pieces are eerie or depressing, but I aim for emotions. This is something that Orson showed me and something that influenced my writing forever.