My Favorite Book: "Night" By Elie Wiesel

JamesRed
Dwight James III 11/15/12
The Light of “Night” Writing 1
I’ve read many books but, there’s one book that will never leave my mind and it is “Night” by Elie Wiesel. From the crevices of the introduction to the snap and pop of the last word, I could imagine, relate, and see everything that was occurring in the book. I savored every bit of it and I replayed each scene as if I was in the book. I could see the cloud of crows that bellowed from the big chimney in the distance as Elie and his father marched to the concentration camp. I was on the verge of tears as I read and imagined the horrifying actions of the supporters of the Holocaust since it showed the true evil in the human heart; it wasn’t the right thing to do. Overall, I loved this book but I’ll tell exactly why I had many connections with its contents
To begin with, I know how it feels to lose your closest family members from someone else’s wrath. For example, Elie was separated from his mother and sisters. Since then, he has stuck by his father’s side on their treacherous journey of survival in the concentration camps. Elie’s descriptions contorted my mind into a realm of pain, anguish, and pure fear. I could experience everything that happened since I could relate because it like the separation of my family. It’s as if there was one thing that was tearing us apart by confusing out right’s with our wrongs; then utterly distorting their minds until they realize the “destruction of corruption” in its aftermath. This book has taught me to life and treasure it every day since it’s promised to no one.
Another reason why I could relate to this story is because it taught me loyalty when it comes to your family. For instance, Elie stayed by his father’s side throughout the entire massacre of the Holocaust; from the long and blazing hot train ride to Auschwitz to the cold finger-blistering grounds of Buna. He tended to his father’s needs as best as he could and even when he began to question his loyalty to his father, he learned the results of his tempting actions and stayed by his father’s side until his death. Elie began to form a strong bond with his father throughout their journey and learned a great abundance of a gift named life. This book encouraged me to open up myself as a person and learn who I am. I conclude with this, the most memorable things are remembered and treasured if an individual does something out-of-the-ordinary to obtain/experience it.