STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: "Night" By Elie Wiesel

JamesRed
Dwight James III 11/15/12
The Light of “Night” Writing 1
I’ve read many books but, there’s one book that will never leave my mind and it is “Night” by Elie Wiesel. From the crevices of the introduction to the snap and pop of the last word, I could imagine, relate, and see everything that was occurring in the book. I savored every bit of it and I replayed each scene as if I was in the book. I could see the cloud of crows that bellowed from the big chimney in the distance as Elie and his father marched to the concentration camp. I was on the verge of tears as I read and imagined the horrifying actions of the supporters of the Holocaust since it showed the true evil in the human heart; it wasn’t the right thing to do. Overall, I loved this book but I’ll tell exactly why I had many connections with its contents
To begin with, I know how it feels to lose your closest family members from someone else’s wrath. For example, Elie was separated from his mother and sisters. Since then, he has stuck by his father’s side on their treacherous journey of survival in the concentration camps. Elie’s descriptions contorted my mind into a realm of pain, anguish, and pure fear. I could experience everything that happened since I could relate because it like the separation of my family. It’s as if there was one thing that was tearing us apart by confusing out right’s with our wrongs; then utterly distorting their minds until they realize the “destruction of corruption” in its aftermath. This book has taught me to life and treasure it every day since it’s promised to no one.
Another reason why I could relate to this story is because it taught me loyalty when it comes to your family. For instance, Elie stayed by his father’s side throughout the entire massacre of the Holocaust; from the long and blazing hot train ride to Auschwitz to the cold finger-blistering grounds of Buna. He tended to his father’s needs as best as he could and even when he began to question his loyalty to his father, he learned the results of his tempting actions and stayed by his father’s side until his death. Elie began to form a strong bond with his father throughout their journey and learned a great abundance of a gift named life. This book encouraged me to open up myself as a person and learn who I am. I conclude with this, the most memorable things are remembered and treasured if an individual does something out-of-the-ordinary to obtain/experience it.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy