STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

ryan87
MY MIND GYM.
BY MCKENZIE RYAN P.1

What pushes you, inspires you, drives you, and most importantly what makes you? What makes you succeed at whatever you put your mind to, what causes you to take that extra step that may hurt now but that you won’t regret later? How do you escape the sometimes craziness of your everyday life? Any athlete or any true athlete would know that the stake of the game lies within their hands; they know that they have the power to control how they play and what their outcome is. Now imagine if every player on a team realized this, they would be unstoppable right? Now the question going through your head is,
“How do they have the power, how can they control their own outcome?” but you know the answer already because… it’s all in your head. The tool to success is the three pound organ that sits between your ears; it has infinite abilities so why don’t we use them?
Something that brought me to the realization of the fact that your brain is the most important tool of success, was a book called Mind Gym this book ultimately changed my life and sports careers and opportunities. When you open to the title page the first thing that catches your eye are the words,
“An athlete’s guide to inner excellence.” These words made me open my eyes and realize that this wasn’t going to be any ordinary book when I read the first two quotes that set off the book I realized that it was one of those books that could influence and change my life forever. The book Mind Gym was first given to me by my mom about a year ago or so, I failed to read the entire thing, I had a lot of trouble getting into it then my hitting coach recently gave it me again and told it was my job to read it, accepting this challenge was probably one of the best things I’ve done. The book is full of exercises that are helping you train your brain, I had to be honest with myself and I had to push myself to think in the way the book was suggesting I should think. I’m most defiantly not saying I am a master at what this book is teaching, I am not saying that I constantly pick the positive out of things or that all of the visualization and everything has become second nature because it hasn’t. I am trying to say that out of every game I’ve played or every rodeo I’ve competed in my best were the ones that I had prepared mentally for.
Basically the message I’ve been trying to give is that if one thing even something as simple as a book can change a big part of your life for the better then let it. I have been inspired and pushed and motivated by many people and this book just added to the bunch making me who I am today.

NINTEY PERCENT OF THE GAME IS HALF MENTAL- Yogi Berra
YOU HAVE TO TRAIN YOUR MIND LIKE YOU TRAIN YOUR BODY.- Bruce Jenner
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy