STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: "Captain Underpants" by Dav Pilkey

Just582
The most inspirational book I ever read was Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey. It was one of the first books I read on my own, and got me interested in reading. It was a funny book that stimulated my interest for the entire series, and eventually, many other books. Ever since I read that series, I have been reading books everyday, whenever I have time. Even though Captain Underpants was just a silly book about a mean principal with the alter ego Captain Underpants, it introduced me to the land of books and made me love reading forever afterwards.

The book really got me into reading because it was a funny story directed toward kids, and what kid wouldn't like a mean principal with an alter ego of a superhero who wears underpants? After reading the first book in the series, I couldn't stop. I would read them again and again until I was able to read more advanced books, like the Goosebumps series, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

I think that every kid should read Captain Underpants because I think this book would convince any kid that reading is fun, not just something boring you have to do in school. For me, I had an advantage when I started reading, because I never got the impression that reading is boring and forced in school. I was home schooled, so I never had that impression, and I could not stop reading because it was so interesting and engaging. I think that this would happen to other kids as well if they read that book.

Reading is a great way to both learn and have fun. It is a great way to spend free time, and will increase your vocabulary. I have personally found books a very good way to learn and have fun. Even if you don't read something that's supposed to be educational, it will likely increase your vocabulary and improve your test scores.

There are probably many other books that would get kids interested in reading, but I believe this is one of the best choices. The series is about a superhero in underpants, as well as an evil mutant half kid, half booger thing. What small child wouldn't like this? If I were to pick a book to get a kid interested in reading, I would choose Captain Underpants by Dav Plikey.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy