My Favorite Book: "Captain Underpants" by Dav Pilkey

Just582
The most inspirational book I ever read was Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey. It was one of the first books I read on my own, and got me interested in reading. It was a funny book that stimulated my interest for the entire series, and eventually, many other books. Ever since I read that series, I have been reading books everyday, whenever I have time. Even though Captain Underpants was just a silly book about a mean principal with the alter ego Captain Underpants, it introduced me to the land of books and made me love reading forever afterwards.

The book really got me into reading because it was a funny story directed toward kids, and what kid wouldn't like a mean principal with an alter ego of a superhero who wears underpants? After reading the first book in the series, I couldn't stop. I would read them again and again until I was able to read more advanced books, like the Goosebumps series, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

I think that every kid should read Captain Underpants because I think this book would convince any kid that reading is fun, not just something boring you have to do in school. For me, I had an advantage when I started reading, because I never got the impression that reading is boring and forced in school. I was home schooled, so I never had that impression, and I could not stop reading because it was so interesting and engaging. I think that this would happen to other kids as well if they read that book.

Reading is a great way to both learn and have fun. It is a great way to spend free time, and will increase your vocabulary. I have personally found books a very good way to learn and have fun. Even if you don't read something that's supposed to be educational, it will likely increase your vocabulary and improve your test scores.

There are probably many other books that would get kids interested in reading, but I believe this is one of the best choices. The series is about a superhero in underpants, as well as an evil mutant half kid, half booger thing. What small child wouldn't like this? If I were to pick a book to get a kid interested in reading, I would choose Captain Underpants by Dav Plikey.