My Favorite Book: "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer: With a Blood Sucking Twist

caitpence
Caitlin Pence
Over the past ten years of my life (from the time I could read) I have read my fair share of books. Some very crappy that I had to read just to pass a class, others were extraordinary. They keep me entertained and grasped my attention. The kinds of books that pull you in to every page are not simply books. The definition of a book is a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers (Dictionary.com). Books that capture your heart are not just a sheet of paper with random works on a page, but a meaningful message that reveals something enchanting to the reader. One example of this is a book many teenage girls were fascinated with the Twilight Saga, written by Stephanie Myer. I am one of those crazed girls. However, not for the sexy vampires and wolves, but for something much deeper. Most people—boys exactly—just roll their eyes and think something like “jump on the bandwagon, every girl in the world is obsessed with that crap.” In reality that book has everything I need in a book; action, mystery, men, imagery, and an unimaginable love story.
When I read Twilight I was able to see the action in my mind. It was incredible! Stephanie Myer writes in so much detail that it is like watching a movie in your mind. This might be what every author strives for, but some to not succeed.
There is more than just one handsome man in this book. There are five incredibly attractive looking men. Edward, being the main striking vampire; Jacob, a wolf with a loving desire; and then there are Edward’s brother, Carlisle, Emmitt, and Jasper. With an imagination and the detail giving by Myer these men are enough to knock you off your feet. Strong builds, captivating eyes, and voices that will mesmerize you.
When Bella first catches sight of Edward she is astonished by his good looks. They call her in and she can’t help but want to find out more about this charming man. She is deliberate in her actions, but she still gets the feeling she is repulsive to him. In reality Edward just doesn’t want to kill her. Her sweet sent draws him in, and he has to use every bit of his might to control his movements.
Edward knew he was in love the moment Bella walked in to the room. There was little time before they were drawn to each other. It was love at first sight. Their relationship grows and there is nothing on this earth that could tear them apart.
Reading this book might cause you to “join the bandwagon” but you won’t regret it after reading what has captivated the rest of the nation. This thrilling book is astonishing in every turn of the page. It captures so many aspects of life while adding a blood sucking twist.