STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: "The Nightmare" by Lars Kepler because it made me connect with my career

Catalyst
A book that has greatly influenced in the way I look at myself, the way I look out the world, and could never stop loving would be Lars Kepler’s, The Nightmare. The book focuses on a detective with great skills in the crime scene. This book is never ends with suspense, drama, and death. The book allows readers to portray what will occur next, and how the characters will take their next step in solving the crime. This book will make you paranoid to figure out who is responsible for the crime. The book was able to influence my future easily which was very beneficial in my opinion. This book is simply amazing.
Lars Kepler’s portrayal of the lead detective, Jonna Linna, is a genius, just like Sherlock Holmes. The case Jonna Linna is investigating is a murder that creates crimes to look exactly like suicides. However, Jonna knows that it is not suicide because of the small traces of evidence left that no other detective would bother to pay attention. Throughout the book this is shown, giving the phrase “The smallest detail is crucial”, absolutely true. You can tell that this book may be greatly influenced from the Sherlock Holme series. This book made me look at the world differently through the way I see everything, how everything correlates with each other, and how they relate. Murder is something that most people don’t understand, why murder when everything can be resolved through words. People who murder cannot comprehend with words. To work around this they use physical action. Murder is a motive, with a relation, and a cause. As a detective you must figure the cause, and execute the cause to find the murder.
The book was very suspenseful that I was not able to put down. Each ending of a chapter brought up something that the reader was not able to figure out on their own. Humans are very curious and like to continue on discovering something that they do not understand until they find a solution. Lars Kepler keeps this up continuously throughout the book. This book hits the deep truths in finding a killer, how procedures are taken, and how a detective thinks with all these given facts and evidence that allow a detective to solve a case. Throughout the book there is a slight pinch of romance to keep the reader enticed with the main character’s personal life. However, it is not the type in which romance can destroy the feel of a murder on the loose. The truth is this book actually correlates with my type of field. Crime and murder interests me greatly, and have considered it to be my career. The idea of a perfect crime seems cruel, but it interests me how a person would have a motive to have to go that far.
A book filled with death, murder, and a small amount of romance is a great combination in creating a book. The ideas put together make The Nightmare a great book portrayed with amazing characters, and understandable motives in murder and crime.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy