My Favorite Book: "A Doll's House" by Henrik Ibsen inspired me to put an end to women segregation

sushimittal
Women’s rights have always been an issue of discussion for me, but it wasn’t until I read “A Doll’s House” that my resentment towards women discrimination grew stronger.
Throughout the play, Henrik Ibsen underlines the continuous sacrifices women make for their husband’s well-being. The protagonist of this play, Nora Helmer, an average woman, is constantly oppressed by her husband Torvald, who believes a man’s role is to guide his wife. Torvald’s attitude towards women throughout the entire play surprised me as I realized the oppression women faced in the past.
This play really surprised me as it showed how severely women were suppressed by men, both mentally and physically. Even though women are not discriminated as much as they were in 1800’s, there is still segregation present between the two genders. Although Nora begins the play as a foolish character, she later transforms into a strong-willed woman who stands up for her rights. This transition of character gave me the sense that women of our generation should be like Nora, stepping up for our-selves, not being pushed down by anyone.
Even though I was always for women’s rights, Torvald’s character challenged my belief of women’s rights, influencing me to fight for them even more.