My Favorite Book: Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

AN14
Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosney is about the life of a young, Jewish girl during the Holocaust. Sarah experienced being locked up in an arena with millions of people, being pushed in shoved in a concentration camp and escaping to find her way in life. This book has inspired me in many ways: to be strong, brave and to live your life to the fullest.
Vomit. Screaming. Death. These are all things Sarah experienced in the arena in just a few hours. Sitting with her parents, she shakes with hunger and wishes to use the bathroom, but is impossible. Sarah has inspired me to be strong through tough situations. No one in the world today would have to go through this situation, but she did. Being trapped in the arena was only the start to Sarah’s adventure.
Then Sarah and her family were jammed into buses and transported to the destiny: a horrid concentration camp. While soldiers shouted, Sarah became lost in the shuffle and was separated from her family. Sarah found her way in the camp and made a friend, a friend that helped her escape. Would you be brave enough to escape? Sarah was. Her bravery can inspire one to stand up and fight through life no matter how hard it is. Although I have never had to escape a difficult situation like Sarah’s, I have had the bravery to stand up for what I believe in. Bravery sometimes sounds like a silly thing, but for Sarah, bravery was the only thing that would let her live. Bravery has inspired me and could make you change your life for the better.
Not only being emotionally strong and bravery, Sarah’s Key inspired me to live to the fullest. Towards the end of the book, Sarah goes to find her brother: the one she put in a passageway to hide from the soldiers. Sarah told him that no matter what she would come back someday, and she did. Although Sarah may not consider this something worthy of a bucket list, she went pack and fulfilled her life promise. She was afraid of what she would find, but she went no matter what she felt. This book has inspired me to do things in my live that I’m scared of because this is what will make me stronger.
Sarah’s Key has inspired me in several different ways, but there are three specific traits that everyone should incorporate in their lives. Being emotionally strong and brave can help someone overcome a difficult situation, which inspires me in my day-to-day life to be a better person. The third and final trait is living your life to the fullest: you want to live your life with no regret and to be happy at the end of each day. These three traits continued to inspire me throughout this book, which made it a pleasure to read.