My favorite book: “The Vincent Boys” by Abbi Glines inspired me to live for me.

changchongchris
Adultery. Lust. Sex. Betrayal. Prince Charming. Family. Expectations. A couple, if not all of those words manage to catch my eye. Intriguing, right? The ways of the world are shown in “The Vincent Boys,” whether you want to surrender to it or not: it’s there. Loud and Clear. Page after page, the truth is written in solid black print. Life is not about living for others; it is about living for ourselves, and doing what we want to do with our life.
Giving a play by play of every page of this book is unnecessary because it is guaranteed that after reading this essay, you will retrieve the book and become consumed for yourself. So a summary will do just fine. Ashton, the daughter of a preacher and a preacher’s wife, has the perfect life, the perfect family, and the perfect boyfriend, Sawyer Vincent. After her beloved, truthful, outgoing Grandma’s decease, she decides to take a chance, take her Grandma’s advice, and live for herself. Coincidentally her boyfriend is away for the summer on vacation, and she decides to rekindle the fire between her and long lost friend, Beau Vincent, also known is her boyfriend’s cousin at the beginning of the story. For the whole summer, Ashton and Beau rekindle their relationship and end up lusting, loving, betraying their family, and creating the biggest mess for both of them to clean up. After Sawyer finds out about their secret relationship, and another big secret, he changes into someone Ashton never knew, and allowed everyone at school to hurt, bully, and accuse her. Beau had run away from everything; he couldn’t take all the weight thrown on his shoulders. He left when Ashton needed him most. But when he came back, he didn’t hesitate for a second to take Ashton under his wing and protect her like Sawyer should have been doing all along. In the end, Beau gets his girl, and Sawyer realizes Ashton wasn’t the girl he thought she was all along, and he was okay with that.
This book, “The Vincent Boys,” inspired me and influenced me. Those are not even strong enough words to describe how this book changed my life-- it formed me. The genuine words and the plot engraved inside my brain will continue to stay there. There’s not one reason in this life to hold back on what we want. Ashton lived her life for too long, doing what others wanted her to do. She finally let go, and that’s what really made her happy in the end. We should all live for ourselves, and do what we want to do. Impressing others will get us nowhere besides disappointed when we realize that impressing anyone but ourselves is not the key. Finding ourselves, living for ourselves, and following our own heart is my secret to this beautiful life, and I truly hope that can be yours too.
Comment by OrangeZo

This was very well written, I especially like the first paragraph. The wording was clear and concise. The story sounds interesting, it seems like the classic love triangle. I must say, I am actually intrigued to read it. Thanks for posting

Zoe Fisher
Stage of Life HS Editor
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:56:45 AM
Comment by EmmaLu

I loved this story and actually almost wrote about it until I saw you had! Great intro(:
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:51:18 AM