My favorite book is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

kkzz16
My favorite book is “19 Minutes “ by Jodi Picoult because i love the aspects of the woman’s personal life to her work life as a lawyer. It has inspired me to write more court cases in my fictional stories rather than depressing or family aspects. Jodi is an excellent writer because she picks stories to write about cases that will grab the reader’s attention, pulling them into the book itself. This book definitely pulled me into the writer’s point of view allowing me to feel as if i was working on the case with the woman.

All it took was nineteen minutes for a teen to start a shooting at an ordinary school in New Hampshire. Josie Cormier was the teen daughter of the local court judge but in this particular story she may be the witness of the whole case maybe even the murder.

The book grasps my attention from the first time i flip open the book. Picoult grabs my attention from the many things you can do in nineteen minutes including shooting at school. The book travels through time, space, and memories of Josie who in the end is the witness and murder of her ex boyfriend. I love the the book because in your mind, you can picture everything so clearly as if you were living the story. It describes every small detail which is amazing because it is like you can really feel what the character is feeling. Although some people may pick up this book, look at how long it is and put it back on the shelf i gave it a chance. It was an amazing decision because Picoult grabbed my attention and pulled me into the world of Josie Cormier and her memories of the nineteen minutes of the school shooting.

I would advise so many people to read this book because although i hate reading, this book grabbed my attention head on and for me that is hard to accomplish. It took me only a week to finish this book because i couldn't put it down and when i did i kept thinking what happened. Endings of each chapter left me wondering what would happen and i love cliffhangers because of that. The whole case and the flashbacks kept my mind wanting more. The book shows from different point of views which is even more creative because it keeps you more interested. This book was of one of my all time favorites because of how the writer depicts the life of one girl: Josie Cormier, and her witnessed flashbacks of the school shooting, done in nineteen minutes.
Comment by OrangeZo

I think the summary of this book is inviting. It definitely perks my interest and give me a synopsis of what the book is about. I would really like if you explained more about what you got specifically out of it. I know you mentioned something about the woman's personal life and law career, so is feminism independence something you took from the book? Also has a Coloradan who has been around for two mass shootings in my state, did this book provide any insight into understanding the frailty of life or understanding the perspective of the shooter? I'm just curious.

Zoe Fisher
Stage of Life HS Editor
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:34:24 PM