My Favorite Book: "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks

GiannaG
The most inspirational book I have ever read was The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. This book has changed the way I look at certain things and has really affected me in a positive way. The Lucky One is the best book I have ever read. The book teaches you many important lessons throughout the story. It takes you on an emotional roller-coaster that really helps you connect with the characters. This book will leave you speechless, break your heart, give you butterflies, and you cannot stop reading it. There are a lot of moments that you will not see coming. Many new doors open throughout the book, and the story is written from many different perspectives. Nicholas Sparks really helps you understand every part of the book and every twist and turn along the way.
The Lucky One has inspired me in many different ways. This story has made me realize that judging anyone is wrong. Everyone has their own story and their own reasons. This book made me realize that “judging a book by its cover” is something that people do way too often. In The Lucky One the main character Beth Green made the mistake of judging Logan Thibault as soon as he told her the he was once in the Marines. That part of the book was a key example of “judging a book by its cover”.
Another thing that The Lucky One taught me was that you will do absolutely anything for the ones you love no matter what the circumstances are. Towards the end of the story Logan Thibault risks his safety in many ways to save Beth’s son Ben. That part of the book really made me connect with the emotions that were running through the characters in the story. It showed me that the love for your family and friends can outweigh the risks of your own safety.
The way that The Lucky One was written helped you feel the emotions that each character was feeling throughout the entire book. Just by reading the first few chapters made you realize the attitudes portrayed by the main characters. In some parts of the story you feel the exact emotions of the characters whether it was stress, heartache, adrenaline, anxiousness, complete happiness, or even relief.
I personally didn’t think I would love this book the way that I do, I thought I would get uninterested because of how much it talks about the Marines. This story proved me wrong and I actually learned a lot about the Marine Corps. I never lost interest and the story really taught me about the courage and dedication needed to be in the Marines.
The Lucky One has inspired in every possible way. I learned many things from this story and it really impacted me. This story is my favorite book and I related to it more than any book I have ever read. I feel that this couldn’t have been written better, it is amazing. The Lucky One is the most inspirational story I have ever read.
Comment by OrangeZo

This is an excellent book review. The first few sentences sound like they belongs on the back cover with other reviews like the NY Times Best Seller and Chicago Tribune. It was clear and concise; it gave me enough overview of the plot to make me interested but didn't give the climax away, which is so important. Well done

Zoe Fisher
Stage of Life HS Editor
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:40:59 PM