STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks

GiannaG
The most inspirational book I have ever read was The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. This book has changed the way I look at certain things and has really affected me in a positive way. The Lucky One is the best book I have ever read. The book teaches you many important lessons throughout the story. It takes you on an emotional roller-coaster that really helps you connect with the characters. This book will leave you speechless, break your heart, give you butterflies, and you cannot stop reading it. There are a lot of moments that you will not see coming. Many new doors open throughout the book, and the story is written from many different perspectives. Nicholas Sparks really helps you understand every part of the book and every twist and turn along the way.
The Lucky One has inspired me in many different ways. This story has made me realize that judging anyone is wrong. Everyone has their own story and their own reasons. This book made me realize that “judging a book by its cover” is something that people do way too often. In The Lucky One the main character Beth Green made the mistake of judging Logan Thibault as soon as he told her the he was once in the Marines. That part of the book was a key example of “judging a book by its cover”.
Another thing that The Lucky One taught me was that you will do absolutely anything for the ones you love no matter what the circumstances are. Towards the end of the story Logan Thibault risks his safety in many ways to save Beth’s son Ben. That part of the book really made me connect with the emotions that were running through the characters in the story. It showed me that the love for your family and friends can outweigh the risks of your own safety.
The way that The Lucky One was written helped you feel the emotions that each character was feeling throughout the entire book. Just by reading the first few chapters made you realize the attitudes portrayed by the main characters. In some parts of the story you feel the exact emotions of the characters whether it was stress, heartache, adrenaline, anxiousness, complete happiness, or even relief.
I personally didn’t think I would love this book the way that I do, I thought I would get uninterested because of how much it talks about the Marines. This story proved me wrong and I actually learned a lot about the Marine Corps. I never lost interest and the story really taught me about the courage and dedication needed to be in the Marines.
The Lucky One has inspired in every possible way. I learned many things from this story and it really impacted me. This story is my favorite book and I related to it more than any book I have ever read. I feel that this couldn’t have been written better, it is amazing. The Lucky One is the most inspirational story I have ever read.
Rate this:
Comment by OrangeZo

This is an excellent book review. The first few sentences sound like they belongs on the back cover with other reviews like the NY Times Best Seller and Chicago Tribune. It was clear and concise; it gave me enough overview of the plot to make me interested but didn't give the climax away, which is so important. Well done

Zoe Fisher
Stage of Life HS Editor
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:40:59 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy