My Favorite Book: “The Butterfly Effect” by Andy Andrews: You Do Matter

Mcrunner
There are times in your life that can make you feel like you really don’t matter and you will hear people tell you that you do matter and the fact is they’re right but I don’t think they know how they are right. If you have read the book the Butterfly Effect then you know that everything that happens in the world has an equal and opposite reaction to what happens and this is important because just the flapping of a butterfly’s wings can change the whole world Andy Andrews the author says that the guy who came up with the idea stated that the flapping of a butterfly wings can move the air particles and change the weather and it is true. So this is saying that everything you do in life impacts how the world will end up in the end. Andrews did a very good job of explaining why the butterfly effect could change your life.
The why Andrews explains it is through history and how that if this person didn’t do this and this person didn’t do that, that we would have a whole different country, and a whole new world to in fact. You see he starts out by saying there was a school teacher who was fighting the civil war at Gettysburg who was facing south and they had charge six times and on the sixth time this school teacher out of the blue ordered his men who were already half gone to charge the enemy and you know what the weirdest thing happened the south was so scared of these men who were beaten and hurt charging and screaming as hard as they could that the south turned around and ran form the schools teachers forces and within that that time they had captured over four hundred southern troops. This is very important because historians even say to this day that if that school teacher didn’t charge that we would of lost Gettysburg and overall the inter civil war to be more precise.
You see just one thing you do can change the world in many ways be it right away or be it when you are died and your kids have had kids but just knowing that you getting you’re a on that test could make you the next president or the next Steve Jobs. So next time you fell down and think you’re not work the dirt on the ground just think you matter a whole lot more then you are giving yourself credit, and I hope you see that in yourself now and you also strive to be the butterfly flapping its wings changing the world.
Comment by OrangeZo

I appreciate the insight and idealism this piece provides. It fresh to see people still trust that they can be the ones that change the world. That's a theme seen often in our culture. For example, the phrase, "every vote matters." A skeptic would wholeheartedly disagree but idealist would support that saying. Even though I'm probably leaning toward the skeptic's stance, I understand that people who believe that what they do matters and believe they can change the world are a vital part of our society. They work hard and think big, which is extremely important. I feel like you're that type of person, so I commend you on your passion.

Zoe Fisher
Stage of Life HS Editor
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:51:47 PM