STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Only Sometimes

EmmaCap
Sometimes, as I'm walking through the packed halls of my tiny little school, I fear the worst. Instead of wondering who might walk up and give me a compliment, I wonder who might embarrass me or tear me down. I wonder who might call me ugly. I pray that you won't make that joke again. It hurts me more than you think.
Sometimes I just want to be alone. I just want you to get out of my room, shut my door, and let me play my music up loud. I want you to go somewhere so I can do what I like without any disturbances.
Sometimes, I hate myself. I hate the way I look, the way I act, the way I talk. I annoy even myself. I'm paranoid that everyone around me hates me. I worry that my friends are playing some sick joke on me. I think that they don't really want me at the places they invite me.
But only sometimes.
Rate this:
Comment by RBrown201

Dear EmmaCap,

Everyone feels this way at one point in their life. I mean, I went through this from 4th grade until last year, and now I have learned how to cope with it: to ignore what everyone else thinks, to think of yourself as majestic and amazing, wonderful, creative, beautiful, etc.
If you think the best, everyone else will too because of your radiating confidence.

<3RBrown201
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 10:11:09 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Dana Kongo

Hi Emma Cap;]

Reading this reminds me of what I've been going through in school since elementary. Bottom line is, you are not alone. I have felt the same way. Somedays, I am completely anti-social, because I fear that someone might call me out and embarass me. I would sometimes stay in my room crying myself to sleep. Self-esteem is still a major struggle for me. All I have to say to you, is stay strong. Most of the people who make fun of you only do it to make them feel better about themselves. You cannot take them seriously all the time, you will eventually have a mental breakdown one day. Nobody in this world is perfect. Even celebrities have things they don't like about themselves, that explains the nose and boob jobs they get. They have to worry about staying in shape, and so many other things. Just be you. That's how you gain respect from others, and even your own respect for yourself.

All the best,
Dana Kongo

Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:53:16 AM
Rate this:
Comment by Dylan_Burnell

I was a fat short kid in middle school and I was picked on constantly. The worst part of it is getting called fagot. Don't get me wrong i am not prejudice and I don't hate homosexuals or anything but it was the way they said it. But now that i am in high school I have shot up and bulked up a bit. Now people don't pick on me as much but even when they do it doesn't bother me anymore.

The moral of my story is that i am stronger now because of what happened than I would be if it didn't. Yes it was hard while it was going on but it will always get better.
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:23:55 PM
Rate this:
Comment by dreamer1095

This was so beautifully written
It's exactly how I feel right now
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:03:39 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy