My Favorite Book: "Missing Pieces of my Forever Heart" by Janet Grosshandler made me a better person.

samanthasg2
My favorite book: “Missing Pieces of My Forever Heart” by Janet Grosshandler made me realize how important it is to keep the people you love close to you. Before reading this book, I didn’t really think twice about the people around me, even the ones I loved. My boyfriend and I were going through some rough times before I read this book and me not caring enough was the cause of our breakup. I was devastated and had no clue what I did wrong. I was on my Kindle one day, trying to find a good book to read, when “Missing Pieces of My Forever Heart” jumped out at me. I’m a big fan of sad stories and I’ve been waiting to find a book to make me cry. I bought the book, and started reading.
By the time I finished the book, I was in tears. I had finally found a book with so much emotion which I think makes the book connect to the reader so much more. The main character of the book, Cath, had fallen in love with a guy names James in high school, but their relationship was an on and off thing. It reminded me much about my relationship. I cared about my boyfriend, but it was hard for me, I don’t think I felt very committed. James left Cath when she needed him the most, and I feel like I did that so many times to my boyfriend and seeing my actions written on print really shocked me. James finally came back, about 20 years later and he had cancer. Cath and James fell in love again, but James ended up dying because of the cancer. That’s the part that made me cry, knowing that Cath gave him up, but got James back only to lose him for good this time. After reading this book, it makes me wish I had showed how much I truly did care about my boyfriend. I’ve read this book so many times and I still cry because of my stupid actions. “Missing Pieces of My Forever Heart” has changed me and made me a better person. I only hope that one day, he will forgive me like Cath forgave James.