My Favorite Book: "November Blues" by Sharon M. Draper was the first book that made me cry

The book that first made me cry was ‘’NOVEMBER BLUES by Sharon m. draper’’. It was about a girl named November who had lost her virginity to a boy and he got her pregnant it was a one-night stand. They were still together. She went and lived with him and he would come home drunk would beat her, cuss at her, and mad her suck his dick for money if she didn't she would get beat. It was so sad and it brought back a lot of memories. I loved that book so much but it had a lot of sad parts in the book. I got that book from the library and the library I went to was the Howard County library and they have so many good books. My favorite type of book is an urban novel like November blues. I have read a lot of other books from there like the bluford high series, nini Simone, and Zane. Michelle vines created this short essay November 15 2012
Comment by RBrown201

You should read the book "Born Blue" is about hardships, relationships, sadness, and love.
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:51:37 AM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month. is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.