STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: “Through My Eyes” By Tim Tebow Gave Me the Confidence I Needed

Rocco12
In the Book “Through My Eyes” by Tim Tebow, Tim offers lots of good advice and knowledge. However, one saying in particular has stuck with me and changed the way I live. He repeatedly says to use your “platform” to impact others for God. This means that you should use your position in life, whether it is being the most popular kid in the school or being shy and sitting in the back of the room, to spread God’s word and make a difference. As a quarterback and captain of my football team and a guy with lots of great friends at my school, I have a good opportunity to use my platform, and because of Tim Tebow, I want to make sure I don’t waste it.
Since reading his book and applying this principle to my life, I feel that I have changed the way I live. I recently went on a mission trip to an orphanage in Puebla, Mexico where we brought them Christmas gifts and worked on their building and even took them to a water park. We talked to the children about God and His love, and they seemed really interested. This was a huge boost of confidence as I began to come out of my shell about God. When I returned, I told lots of my classmates about the trip, and when some of them would ask why I felt the need to go help them, it gave me a good chance to tell them about my beliefs as well. When the following football season came around, from day one everyone on the team knew that I was not only serious about football and winning, but also serious about my faith. I had numerous opportunities to tell my teammates about God, and it has really stuck with some of them. I even got the nickname “Tebow” from some of my team because I wore number 15, played quarterback, and spread the word of God to the other players.
Because of Tim’s advice in his book “Through My Eyes”, I was able to come out of my shell and speak to people about God with confidence. I was no longer afraid or concerned about what my fellow classmates and teammates would think of me, because I realized that God placed me in that room and on that team for a reason. We are all called to minister to people we know, and even people we don’t. I knew that as long as I did what God said I should, it would work out for the best in the end, and it has. Many of my friends now go to church and have accepted Christ as their savior, and because people know of my strong Christian beliefs, it makes it easier to stay out of bad situations. If it wasn’t for “Through My Eyes”, I would be nowhere near as confident as I am now.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy