My Favorite Book: “Through My Eyes” By Tim Tebow Gave Me the Confidence I Needed

Rocco12
In the Book “Through My Eyes” by Tim Tebow, Tim offers lots of good advice and knowledge. However, one saying in particular has stuck with me and changed the way I live. He repeatedly says to use your “platform” to impact others for God. This means that you should use your position in life, whether it is being the most popular kid in the school or being shy and sitting in the back of the room, to spread God’s word and make a difference. As a quarterback and captain of my football team and a guy with lots of great friends at my school, I have a good opportunity to use my platform, and because of Tim Tebow, I want to make sure I don’t waste it.
Since reading his book and applying this principle to my life, I feel that I have changed the way I live. I recently went on a mission trip to an orphanage in Puebla, Mexico where we brought them Christmas gifts and worked on their building and even took them to a water park. We talked to the children about God and His love, and they seemed really interested. This was a huge boost of confidence as I began to come out of my shell about God. When I returned, I told lots of my classmates about the trip, and when some of them would ask why I felt the need to go help them, it gave me a good chance to tell them about my beliefs as well. When the following football season came around, from day one everyone on the team knew that I was not only serious about football and winning, but also serious about my faith. I had numerous opportunities to tell my teammates about God, and it has really stuck with some of them. I even got the nickname “Tebow” from some of my team because I wore number 15, played quarterback, and spread the word of God to the other players.
Because of Tim’s advice in his book “Through My Eyes”, I was able to come out of my shell and speak to people about God with confidence. I was no longer afraid or concerned about what my fellow classmates and teammates would think of me, because I realized that God placed me in that room and on that team for a reason. We are all called to minister to people we know, and even people we don’t. I knew that as long as I did what God said I should, it would work out for the best in the end, and it has. Many of my friends now go to church and have accepted Christ as their savior, and because people know of my strong Christian beliefs, it makes it easier to stay out of bad situations. If it wasn’t for “Through My Eyes”, I would be nowhere near as confident as I am now.