Part 1

MHjesse
It was the dead of winter in Wyoming and the mountains had for sure got their fair share of snow this year. Out in the middle of the mountains stood an old beat down trailer house. The house if you ask anybody needed some major work done on it and was not near prepared for another storm yet. A huge storm front had gone through that night and the next morning when Shelly looked outside all she could see was white. It had looked like a huge white blanket had been laid down everywhere for miles.
Shelly was a widow with 2 kids and was expected. Her husband bob had died of cancer 7 months ago. Bob did everything for their family such as repairs on the house and cars, pay the bills, and even take care of the kids from time to time. Shelly was running out of money that they had saved up and decided that the best thing would be for her and the kids to move to town and so she could get a job. After this last storm the house had holes and cracks in the roof, windows were broken, and the door wouldn’t even shut all the way. She called some friends from town and they all came out and within 4 days they were all moved into their new house which was on the edge of town.
The following month wasn’t much better. Shelly was not able to get a job sense she had no experience with anything but cooking and on top of that was expecting a child in a few weeks. The kids were keeping up in school so that was one less thing that she had to worry about but she didn’t know how she was going to afford to take care of another baby and if she was even going to be able to raise another child. The next week she was raced to the hospital where she started going into labor. Twelve hours later Shelly was holding a beautiful baby girl in her arms.
The past three weeks had been really hard for Shelly. She knew that she was not going to be able to give this baby girl the life that she deserved. She thought long and hard and decided the best decision was to give her baby girl up for adoption. She had found this really nice young couple that seemed like they could give her the world. The next week Jason and Carlie came and met the baby girl and decided to name her Suzi. Suzi had to stay in the hospital for a couple more days but Shelly was able to go home. Shelly said her good byes to her little girl that she would probably never see again and went home trying to carry on with her everyday life with her other two kids. Jason and Carlie were so happy to have their own child and stayed at the hospital for the next two days and finally the day came when they could take their little girl home. They had a beautiful house. Every room looked like it had been on extreme home make over. They were all so perfectly decorated.
The next two years went by so fast. The family was constantly having fun, going on family vacation and just traveling the world. This little girl was going to have a picture perfect life. Until the one morning that changed all their lives. Suzi woke up in a cold sweat and a high fever. Her lymph nodes were extremely swollen and wouldn’t eat anything. Carlie insisted on rushing her to the hospital. They took her into the emergency room where the doctors ran some test on her. They couldn’t figure out what was wrong other than she had a really bad cold. A month went by and these same symptoms hadn’t gone away. They took her back into the doctors where they ran some more tests on her. The Doctor came into the room and Carlie could see on his face that something was seriously wrong. That day Suzi was diagnosed with leukemia. Their world had just been turned up side down.
The next few months were really hard for the whole family. The doctors started Suzi on chemo therapy and she spent most of her nights in the hospital. For the first 4 months Carlie and Jason spent most of the nights sleeping in the chairs that were in Suzi’s room. But they knew that if this continued that they were not going to survive. They started going home at nights sleeping in their own beds and spending some time cleaning the house up and just doing their normal day activities.
One evening Suzi had a bad reaction to the medicine the doctor had given her earlier that night and Carlie and Jason were both called and told to come into the hospital at about 2 A.M. They were so worried and felt guilty for not being there to hold her hand through everything. They weren’t even paying attention to the road. They were in such shock to what might be happening to their little girl. Jason ran right through a red light and neither Jason or Carlie saw the truck’s lights coming towards them until it was too late. Their little sports car didn’t stand a chance. The truck hit right into the side of the car. The truck driver could see that Jason and Carlie were badly injured and quickly reached down for his cell phone with the arm that wasn’t hurt and called 911. The ambulance was at the sight about 5 minutes to late. Both Carlie and Jason were killed. Which left Suzi all alone fighting this long hard battle.