My Favorite book: “The Shack” by William P. Young showed me God’s divine intervention transforms one’s life.

danika
The Shack, written by William P. Young, is about a man named Mackenzie Allen Phillips who is able to overcome inner-turmoil through a spiritual awakening. I was overwhelmed and brought to tears after reading the way the author brings healing to Mack through encounters with the Holy Trinity- God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. This novel made an impact on me as it supports God’s unconditionally love to help those who are willing to listen. Emotionally distraught Mack suffers from depression after losing his daughter Missy; he blames himself for her death. While on a camping trip Mack’s son almost drowns while canoeing. As family members and friends are distracted with this accident his daughter, Missy, is abducted and taken to a shack in the woods and killed. Mack tries to live a normal life after her murder but is depressed. One day Mack receives an invitation from God to meet at the shack where Missy was killed. At first he ignores the invitation as he thought it was a prank. Through divine intervention Mack is able to move away from the great sadness that he feels and begins to be intrigued of the meeting. Right after arriving at the location he falls asleep. When he awakens, he realizes that he is transported to another dimension where he is walking and talking with God.
In a forty eight hour encounter God shows himself in three different forms. These characters and events revealed to me that though I may feel that have overcome the pain of an incident in my life but in reality I have not.God knows a person more than themselves. If a person’s heart is open, just as Mack was, God is there to heal.Mack needed to let go of his grief for his daughter. Through one of the interactions with God Mack was shown a glimpse of his daughter. Instead of being haunted by images of her cold and tortured body, he saw a vibrant and beautiful little girl full of life. I realized that although Mack was not seeking his faith, his heart was open to hear the voice of God. God pursued him repeatedly. With each encounter God was peeling away layers of pain and sorrow.
I was greatly affected as I began to see that although God may not be able to stop all the pain that may occur during my life, he is always present to comfort. He desires all of our wounds and shortcomings. Mack is an example of how God’s divine intervention transforms one’s life into one of forgiveness. He surrendered his deepest feelings of fault and blame. It was only after releasing these feelings he was able to live again. This solidified how I have always felt that even when I give up on God, God never gives up on me. This fictional story moved me by revealing God’s constant loving kindness and grace.