My Favorite Book: “The Journals of Rachel Scott” by Beth Nimmo & Debra K. Klingsporn

steffyweffykins
My Favorite Book: “The Journals of Rachel Scott” adapted Beth Nimmo & Debra K. Klingsporn inspired me to follow my faith in every part of my life, no matter how big the consequences.

“The Journals of Rachel Scott” isn’t your typical biographical book. Its about a teenage girl whose life tragically died because of violence at Columbine High School. You probably have heard about her, she’s the one that said that she believed in God before she got shot and passed away. Rachel is such an inspiration to me because even though she knew that her life was about to end, she never wavered from her faith.

Rachel loved to write. She wrote about her daily troubles and worries in diaries and put the aspect of God in each page. Her writing really spoke to me because she writes about what I typically think about on a daily basis, from the wonders of the world to how am I going to through this day. One thing that I admire about her was how she wasn’t afraid to speak her mind and be herself no matter what the situation was. Putting God first in everything that she did or aspired to be was her biggest priority.

Another thing that I really connected to was how she was a normal teen. A lot of books now-a-days write about situations that couldn’t happen in real life. Rachel talks about her family, friends, school, and job. I could relate to her because I’m almost the same age as she was when she died. I know what its like to be a Christian in a High School. Sometimes there are situations that intervene with your faith and you get stuck between the awkward moment when you have to decide what you know is right and whether to please everyone else. Most teenagers take the easy route and end up feeling even emptier then they did before. Rachel knew how that felt and she tried with all her power to stay faithful to God so that she could have that satisfying feeling of knowing that what you did was the right thing to do.

In conclusion, Rachel Scott is an inspiration to all Christian teenagers in the world. Even though she is sadly not her in the physical world anymore, her writing still achieves to help me go through my hectic life and still be proud believer in Jesus Christ.

Rachel, wherever you are, thank you for your words of wisdom. I pray that you are sitting with Jesus and still writing your beautiful words. I hope to be half the person that you are as I go through my journey of life. You’re an inspiration and your missed.