STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My favorite book: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. A book that I pulled an all-nighter to read.

jacobsong
Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Usually when I read a literary classic I am cognizant of the world around me. However, this time it was different. Reading The Three Musketeers from beginning to end, I was completely entranced by how Dumas portrayed the endeavors of musketeers, both glorious triumphs and the heartbreaking losses.
I was first introduced to The Three Musketeers by a small part of an audio reading of the book while I was driving. Listening to the audio recording, I was instantly captivated by the intuitive and adept d’Artagnan, a young man who left his rural town to become a Musketeer in France. I can still imagine the time when d’Artagnan and the three musketeers were about to fight to the death but became good friends after defeating the Cardinals guards together. However, the audio track only covered a small portion of the whole story and left me hanging. Unable to resist, I decided to read the book. I couldn’t have made a better choice. While reading the book, d’Artagnan’s characteristics and travails became more defined and amazing. d’Artagnan was able to sword fight like a veteran, work for the queen on a top secret mission, and beat the mastermind of all the problems of France with her own medicine. His actions never failed to amaze me.
Before I read this book I hated reading, especially classical books, but after, I began to gain an appreciation for the classics. The Three Musketeers also evoked emotions and opinions I usually never feel when I read books. I began to feel hatred toward the antagonists, sadness for the lost and joy when good triumphs over the evil. Although these emotions are important to me, what made this book stand out for me was because the motto of the three musketeers, “All for one and all for one”. This gave me even more respect for the musketeers and also inspired me to integrate it into my life. Up until then, I kept superficial relationships with the people around me and never actually tried to get to know them better. But soon after I read the book, I began to cherish my friends more and also never ever think about deserting them during their times of troubles and failures.
I really thank Alexandre Dumas for creating this masterpiece and hope others will begin to read and enjoy The Three Musketeers.
Rate this:
Comment by yiyijessicali

Great to see you've developed a liking for classics! Good writing!
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:04:07 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy