STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Favorite Book: The Bible, gives me life.

MarcusMontalvo
I was never in to books that told about ancient stories and weird events happening that were suppose to be real. As a young kid I was some what of an advanced reader among my peers but I never read the Bible. My confession of the genuine person of Jesus Christ was timely and literally saved me from the road of destruction that I was on. This new faith was kept strong inside of me not by my own will power but by the power of the word of God, the Bible. I knew that this book was said to be the literal written word from God, so I immediately started studying the scriptures to see for myself. I fell in love with the Bible and I knew in my heart that this was no joke, this was the realest thing I have ever been through. The Bible inspires me in every way imaginable, I no longer feel weak or feel like the world is against me. While I read the Bible I know that God is always there, and that He passionately cares about every single person in the world. I see Jesus Christ, and how He so willingly took what He never deserved so that humanity may receive the gift of eternal life. I see the discipline that God has on his people, like parents to their children, and how every aspect of what God does is out of an uncontrollable love for us. I see the power that God displays through ordinary people, some even being the worst of sinners yet transformed by the mercy of God. I see Jesus, wildly showing up on this earth and shaking up this planet like never before. I see the freedom awaiting every person who puts their trust in only Christ. I see the world and the unanswerable questions being silenced by the Creator of the universe. I see a King looking down on His creation with a smile and arms wide open. I see the people who fell in love with Jesus sacrificing everything they are to be more like everything He is. This book inspires me to look toward Heaven to see who I am, to see who God calls me. This book empowers me to live a righteous, pure, and godly life. This book lets me know that even though we live in a world wrapped up by sin, Jesus comes and breaks down sins stronghold and sets you free. I am free because of this book. I am inspired daily by reading about these people who were so humble as to lay down their lives for King Jesus. I learn what pleases God and what doesn't, because all I want is to bring joy to my Father. The Bible inspires me to live a life pleasing my Creator not what He created. While I read this book, it reads me.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy