My favorite books are The Harry Potter Series because they took my imagination to a new level.

CrimsonQuill757
I couldn't chose one book from the seven epic ones of Harry Potter,so I planned to tell you readers why it was so hard.Talking about Harry Potter in front of a bunch of adults usually raises a couple of eyebrows, if not worse… Some even call you insane and make you feel like a complete idiot. After all, Harry Potter is just for kids. It's not even real! And everything is just blown up for the money! Yet I absolutely love it! And so do many others, and I'm not just talking about the kids… The statements those muggle smake must be incorrect.
First of all, it's not just for kids. The few adults that have picked up the book have been reported to like it as much as their offspring. After all, the book may start with eleven-year olds, they do grow up. In the seventh book, Harry Potter and his friends will be eighteen, so it won't really be about kids anymore.
Kids' books can be amusing to read, but they often lack depth. Usually they just tell stories, and sometimes they deal with a theme like love, family or death. Harry Potter must be an exception because JK Rowling writes about a zillion interesting themes that not even "adult" writers dare to deal with. Death is in fact the most important theme throughout the seven books and Rowling shamelessly deals with this theme in "a children's book". What makes a person good or bad? How do you deal with idolatry on one hand and jealousy on the other hand? Whose right is it to take vengeance on a person? Rowling doesn't always answer the questions, but at least she's got the guts to ask them.
Something that makes the book even more interesting to read is the intrigue between the characters. And I don't just mean between the teens, but also between the professors and between the parents. There are too many conflicts to name! Some of the most interesting are the conflicts between Voldemort and Harry's parents (why did Voldemort kill them? This question is still unanswered after four books) or the conflict between Hagrid and Dumbledore (why did headmaster Dumbledore keep Hagrid as gamekeeper when Hagrid got expelled ago? They deal with that in book 2.) And there are also the ones between Ron and Hermione (do they love to hate each other or hate to love each other, because they're always arguing or having a fight) and the one between Black and Snape (Why can't they just get a long? Black only almost killed Snape…). I could continue with this list for another ten pages at least, but I won't.
Then there are also those people that simply refuse to read the books 'because it is not real'. I always find that the lamest excuse of them all. Movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones weren't real either. Nor is the book The Lord of the Rings, yet everyone seems to respect those. It didn't seem to bother anyone that those stories were unreal.
The conflicts and emotions in the Harry Potter novels are as real as can be and it's for those intrigues that people keep reading the books. They are very appealing and discuss-worthy. The magic just brings the story into a more pleasant and interesting atmosphere and adds more humour to the story.
The Harry Potter universe is not that farfetched. The story starts from our 'muggle' world and the reader slowly gets introduced to this hidden magical world that us 'muggles' just can't see because we're no wizards. In the books, the magical world exists right next to our own! It makes the reader believe we actually could be living in a universe like that.
You might say that I live in a fantasy world. Yes, it's called the world of Harry Potter, where there is no limit in believing, where my heart belongs. The world where dragons and elves run around... And if you haven't, you should visit it, your imagination is feeling neglected.