Upcoming Presidential Election Opinion

ruth.miller.1497
Get ready for a rant:
Mitt Romney has an anti-women agenda. He would like to make abortion illegal; we all know this. However, there’s more. When Governor, he vetoed a bill offering emergency contraception to rape victims, also known as the morning after pill, a pill taken weeks before fertilization is ever confirmed, not killing fetuses, although that was the party’s reasoning. He also plans to curb access to regular contraceptives while taking away all funds from Planned Parenthood, which not only offers contraceptives, but also offers support and counseling. If you get pregnant, you literally would have no choice in your future. Adoption agencies would become even more overrun, the foster care system would collapse under the sheer number of applicants, more people would live in poverty due to insufficient education, and an exponential amount of children would grow up in unstable and unhappy households with broken families, if any. In these ways, Mitt Romney would lower our entire nation’s standard of living, not only for this generation, but for generations to come.
Why does he advocate such intrusive measures? Because there is such an evangelical movement for pro-life. Evangelical. And for those of different religions? Our country was first started in a vision of, among other things, a separation of church and state. Electing Romney would crumble that foundation of our nation. Senator Moordock of Indiana, a prominent leader of the Republican party stated that pregnancy from rape is “something that God intended to happen.” Really? Notice how most of the advocates for the pro-life movement are male? The republican party, if successful, will literally take back centuries of advancement, rejoining church and state, and limiting women’s rights so severely that they would not even extend over our own bodies.
How can you advocate such a proposition? How can one be so nosy, so arrogant, so incredibly pretentious to think that they have rights over another person’s own body? This country is said to be the land of the free and the home of the brave, founded on the principle that, as our Constitution’s preamble states, our nation should be a place to secure the blessings of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Electing Romney as our president would effectively ruin lives by taking away women’s rights, denying them their liberty, destroying their dreams and their futures, preventing their pursuit of happiness.
So women could choose either absolute abstinence or early pregnancy. That would be their only choice under tyrant Romney’s regime. Think that’s too harsh of a word? He would take away our control over our own bodies. The rule of our government would be dictated by religion, despite if it’s your own. He would take away our opportunities, our future, our lives. I think it is too weak a word. Take back our rights. Take back our free will. Obama 2012
Comment by michness

Not to mention that Planned Parenthood's abortion services only make up 3% of the total services they offer. They mostly do cancer screenings and sex education.

I approve of this rant. You go, girl. If you're 18, I hope you make time to vote on Tuesday!
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2012 8:13:35 AM