What Does Freedom Feel Like? Like Awakening After Being Asleep for One Hundred Years

Inspired
Freedom is not exactly an emotion, per se, but it is not just a feeling, either.

I wonder if we can understand the true concept of freedom, sometimes. We were not enslaved, nor imprisoned - so how can I possibly define freedom?

I feel as if I can, though.

Freedom feels like riding a wave, dancing in clouds. It feels like floating on air and walking on water. Freedom feels like fighting war, having peace. It feels like awakening after being asleep for one hundred years. Freedom is invigorating, rejuvenating; a feeling of youthfulness, euphoria.

Freedom is believing, disagreeing, and not regretting it. Freedom is admitting to yourself what you opine.

Freedom is when they told you that you were wrong, or that you couldn't do it, but you put them to shame.

Freedom is when you should be on your knees crying, but you're on your feet fighting.

Freedom is when they thought you would fall but instead you are flying.

Freedom is when you love fiercely, and live proudly, and believe in yourself.

Freedom is when you show them you can do anything.
Comment by michness

Rock on! Nice piece. I look forward to reading more "Inspired" work :)
Posted: Sunday, November 4, 2012 7:32:00 AM