Academics or Sports?

veronica_thind
Sports! They have never ever been extremely important in my family. We’re all about academics. I remember being nine years old and my mother arguing with my teacher about getting a B in creative writing. So sports are fun to play but my academics come first.

To be specific playing sports has never been important but when football season comes around the T.V. will never be turned off. Either my family is having friends or family over because of a game or ESPN is on and game highlights are being shown. My family even makes bets on which team is going to win, my brother and I usually win.

My family’s favorite football would have to be The Washington Huskies, all the way. It’s because ALL of my cousins have gone to The University of Washington. Even my cousins from California go there. I remember going to my first Huskies game when I was in seventh grade they played wonderfully and won to!

I never really played sports competitively but my brother sure did. I usually played for fun with friends or family. My brother on the other hand was the jock of the family. He was either play basketball or football or practicing for the next game. If you asked if he thinks sports are more important or school his answer would be, sports all the way. You can tell by his grades he rather play then study too. He gets grounded a lot for not studying to it’s ridiculous.

Everyone’s family has different a perspective on sports and different traditions based on sports. My family is all about Huskies. If you’re a Cougar in our family we will disown you… seriously. The people in my family have a different perspective on sports all together. I think they are fun play to pass the time but I’m academics all the way, my brother is the total opposite. No family is the same.