Mrs Graves- Values and Beliefs

mrsgraves
1. What do you value most in your life, and why?

2. In terms of hours spent in a day, what do you spend the most time doing?

3. Now think about these two questions together...does 'what you value most in your life' match with what 'you're spending the most time on? Why or Why not?

4. Finally, thinking about the value of time and the value of your beliefs, what do you think needs to change in order to prioritize your values so you can be a success in life? How will you do this?
Comment by rachel_parker

1.) The thing I value the most in my life is my time.

2.) Going to school or working.

3.) The two correspond because I spend a majority of my time doing things that are productive.

4.) I need to spend less time procrastinating and more time doing homework in order to be more productive at home and towards my future.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:20:43 PM
Comment by Basketball14

The thing I value most is my family because they will always be there no matter what. One thing I spend the most time on, would have to be my school work. I go to school Monday through Friday 8:05-3:00 then I come home and work on homework for at least three more hours. These two questions obviously do not match up. I would like to spend more time with my family, but i also want to graduate high school. In order for my values to be prioritize, I should make more time on the weekend for my family.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:23:26 PM
Comment by AlexFeltz2013

1) The thing I value most in my life is my friends.

2) Work or hanging out with friends/going to school.

3) For the most part, yes. I make sure to keep it this way in order to keep my friends in high priority.

4) My priorities should probably be more focused on the future, but I figure the future will sort itself out in due time. I've made it through life this far, I should be able to go on like this for at least a little longer.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:25:54 PM
Comment by mack_14

1. My family because they are always willing to listen to me and are always there for me.
2. its a tie between working, school work, and hanging out with my friends.
3. they don't match up because i don't normally spend a lot of time at home or with my family, i spend more time away from the home.
4. i need to spend more time doing things that i won't be able to do forever; i can change this by taking time off work to spend with my family and friends taking fun trips and doing the fun things that i know i won't always be able to do.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:35:53 PM
Comment by CalebBall2013

!.) The thing I value most in life is my friends because without companions or comrades it is hard to find life enjoyable. Well at least for me.
@.) Homework is the majority, but without that I spend most time with friends and video games.
#.)Yes and no, without homework all I do is spend time with the thing I value most, but otherwise I am spending time with something I just do not like.
$.) I really need to concentrate on my procrastination. That is the only thing really holding me back. But I am with AlexFeltz2013 on the fact that things will just sort themselves out. I like looking towards the end rather than looking towards tomorrow and instead trust in my life story writing itself.

Oh and if yall get the chance watch 12 days of christmas by straight no chaser.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:37:02 PM
Comment by 14niekampa

1. What I value most in my life is the special occasions or 'once in a lifetime' moment that I will never get back.
2. School, work, time with friends and family.
3.Yes, because my schooling will prepare me for college, which is an important time in my life and work helps me pay for college. Friends and Family do correspond to what I value you most because these are the people I spend these times with.
4. I should focus more on how I spend my time and equal out my time to those in my life, like spending more time with my family.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:37:19 PM
Comment by rachel_parker

@basketball14 I agree. Family will be always be there for you and time should be spent with them. It's a shame that school, homework and work such up a large amount of our time :(
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:38:15 PM
Comment by TBertelsen

1. What I value most is my family.

2. I mathmatically spend the most time of the day sleeping, other than that would be school because i need to prepare myself for the future.

3. Not really because the teenage years of ones life are being spent becoming more independent and preparing ourselves for the road ahead.

4. I could potentially not have a social life in order to become smarter and (potentially) become more successful. :)
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:38:55 PM
Comment by mack_14

@rachel_parker: i am with you in doing less procrastionating. i spend a lot of time on pinterest that i should be spending on doing my homework, instead of procrastionating my homework to finish the next day.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:39:20 PM
Comment by AlexFeltz2013

Dude, that was like, so insightful. But, really, I completely agree with the 'let it go as it flows' mantra that you're throwing down. 'This seems more like a problem for future Alex'.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:39:23 PM
Comment by meag.b

The thing that I value most in life is my family and friends because they are what gets me through life. I can always go them to get advice, and they will always make me laugh. I spend most of my time at school between studying and playing sports. Part of these match up together because I am with my friends at school, and we still have time to talk between classes and at lunch. However, a majority of time is not spent with my family because of school. Something that needs to change is that I should spend more time with my family and friends, after school and on the weekends. I will make sure to speak with my family when I get home about what has happened and ask for advice about school. On the weekends, I can go out to dinner and to the movies with my friends to spend more time with them!!
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:39:51 PM
Comment by 14niekampa

@mack_14 I agree that we should spend more time on things that we wont have forever
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:42:27 PM
Comment by CalebBall2013

The thing is some of you need to say why it is most valued. I mean read the question. Don't worry i love your answers, I even used some of them to make mine. I agree with a lot of what everyone is saying, and consider them insightful on learning more about you all.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:43:23 PM
Comment by Hjames

1.) I value my friends because without them, I wouldnt have the amazing memories and my life wouldnt be exciting without them.
2.) Either working, school, or hanging with friends
3). They tie together because I love hanging out with my friends and thats what I do when I'm at school and out of school when Im not at work.
4). I should focus more on equally out my time on all things that are in my life, plus spending more time with my family.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:44:18 PM
Comment by k_layman13

1) What I value most in life is my family.

2) I'd say i spend the majority of my time at work, unfortunately.

3) I wish that I could spend all my time at home with my family, but I can't. So the previous two questions do not match up because I have bills to pay and McDonad's is needy.

4) Well as much a I love my family, I probably shouldn't stop working to spend more time with them. Working teaches me responsibility and independence. Besides, too much time could be an issue :)
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:45:39 PM
Comment by Mcrunner

1) in life i value my freinds because they all ways have my back

2) i spend most of my time with my freinds and family having a great time

3)yes because i like to spend time with my family and freinds

4)need to make more time for my belief tehn what i do now and i can do this by just making time.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:46:30 PM
Comment by obringerk

1. What I value most in my life would have to be my paresnts, because they would do anything for me and drop everything they are doing to help me.

2. I spend most of my time at school, work or with friends or family.

3. Yes, when I'm not working or at school I am usually spending time with my family, or with friends. My family is close to one another, that is why i vaule my parents some much.

4. To start I'd have to stop procrstinating and actualy do stuff early or on time rather then doing it the last minute. This way I'll have more time to spend with my family, or working toward the future that I dream i will have.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:46:31 PM
Comment by Bennett

1) My Family and Friends

2) School and Sleep

3) Because I have to go to school and when I am home I do not see my family as much as I like.

4) Try and spend more time at home after school
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:47:26 PM
Comment by meag.b

@14niekampa I agree that the once in a lifetime opportunities that happen in life should be most valued because obviously, you won't be able to experience something like that every again.
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:47:47 PM
Comment by Mcrunner

@CalebBall2013 reply
i agree with you all the way
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:50:38 PM