STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Sports Traditions: Family Being Family

romeroerik
Sports Traditions: Family Being Family
My family is not really known for being in sync with each one another, so we have our own separations. Choosing seclusion is an exuberant amount of fun, that is, of course when you’re competing against your family. We don’t necessarily have “rituals” when it comes to cheering for our teams. When it comes down to it and each of our teams are pitted against each other our dormant competitiveness awakens. It’s just the kind of family my family is.
Flying solo in competition is pretty fun, and also challenging, then there’s flying solo against your family. Instead of all of us on the same team, cheering for the same players, we like to be on each others opposition and root for the other team. It doesn’t mean we do it to get on each others nerves, it’s usually because our separate team is the opposing team. For my family this makes things funnier and more interesting. I’m not saying we always do that for every sport, there are some teams that we all like and teams we all dislike. We are together and separate at the same time.
“Rituals” isn’t the right word for what we do, “Habitually” is the word i would use. Because, we have always done that since my siblings and I were very young, I can’t remember when we even started doing this, we’ve always been doing it. It’s not a ritual, we’ve never waited for it and plan it or count down the days for it, no it’s out of spree. We go on instinct, and it becomes a bash of fun. My family’s quick wit to make fun of each other while cheering for our teams makes the games more enjoyable to watch.
My family has always played sports, since we were able to walk practically. My father taught us each how to play sports, basketball, baseball, softball, you name it my father taught us. Then we took the games to our own hands and played amongst each other for fun, but my family has a very distinct competitiveness so when we get into a game, we really get into it. Our competitiveness goes to the games we are watching, not to the extent of hurting each others feelings or getting extremely irritated towards each other. We mock each other’s teams mainly for laughs and mean it in no hurtful way, but our competitive nature from how we grew up sometimes takes control over us.
My family doesn’t have rituals or get togethers to cheer for the same teams, but if we do, it’s usually from our shared hatred towards one of the two teams. However, we like to bash each others teams and mock each other for fun. We try to not let our bad behavior take over us and become competitively harmful. I have an incredible amount of fun with my family doing this.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy