STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Sports Traditions: How I was Raised up in Sports

warskows
It all started when I was a child about five, Mom had started to tell me which team she had taught me to root for. As I was growing up, she had taught me that the Chicago Bears are the team to feast my eyes upon. However, my dad wouldn’t do anything to have me bite for a favorite team in the NFL, he had me cheer for ASU in college football. There wasn’t any arguments for who cheered for whom but when it came to a game where it was Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals, the house would be undoubtedly divided.
There would be no arguments, but the house was split down the middle when a game would come upon the household. While I was growing up, I was an indecisive child cheering for teams without knowing who they were. Out of all the NFL teams, my mom had taught was NEVER cheer for the Green Bay Packers. Throughout my life my mom had taught me to cheer for the Chicago Bears. However, my dad got me concentrated on college football teams. He had me cheer for ASU as a child and had me root for any of the PAC-12 conference teams whenever they faced a rivaling conference team.
Ever since my mom and dad have gotten me into football, I have always wanted to play the sport. Now that I have gotten into highschool, I have been able to play football and it hasn’t been the eleven man football, it has been eight man football. Eight man football was a sport that my dad played in high school. As I got into eight man football, I was learning much about the positions and plays that were on junior varsity. Now being on the varsity football team, these positions have been encrypted into my mind. Even though I was the smallest kid on the team, my coach sophomore year said” Sam, you have a heart of a true football player.” also, I even had a coach who called me “Rudy”.
Throughout the years that I have played, I have paid more attention to college football fundamentals to make me a better player while taking coach’s advice. Even though there are people that are complementing my parents, I am not letting it get to my head and staying humble and learning my mistakes. After the games, my mom would talk about how much better I have gotten since my freshmen year and she said,”You are getting coaches eyes and still improving every time.”. So the next couple of days after the game, I would watch football games and pick out arm tackles and what goes wrong on the offense. This is how sports in my family has led me to play the sport that I have enjoyed in my time at highschool. I have learned by watching and playing the sport.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy