Sports Traditions: How I was Raised up in Sports

warskows
It all started when I was a child about five, Mom had started to tell me which team she had taught me to root for. As I was growing up, she had taught me that the Chicago Bears are the team to feast my eyes upon. However, my dad wouldn’t do anything to have me bite for a favorite team in the NFL, he had me cheer for ASU in college football. There wasn’t any arguments for who cheered for whom but when it came to a game where it was Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals, the house would be undoubtedly divided.
There would be no arguments, but the house was split down the middle when a game would come upon the household. While I was growing up, I was an indecisive child cheering for teams without knowing who they were. Out of all the NFL teams, my mom had taught was NEVER cheer for the Green Bay Packers. Throughout my life my mom had taught me to cheer for the Chicago Bears. However, my dad got me concentrated on college football teams. He had me cheer for ASU as a child and had me root for any of the PAC-12 conference teams whenever they faced a rivaling conference team.
Ever since my mom and dad have gotten me into football, I have always wanted to play the sport. Now that I have gotten into highschool, I have been able to play football and it hasn’t been the eleven man football, it has been eight man football. Eight man football was a sport that my dad played in high school. As I got into eight man football, I was learning much about the positions and plays that were on junior varsity. Now being on the varsity football team, these positions have been encrypted into my mind. Even though I was the smallest kid on the team, my coach sophomore year said” Sam, you have a heart of a true football player.” also, I even had a coach who called me “Rudy”.
Throughout the years that I have played, I have paid more attention to college football fundamentals to make me a better player while taking coach’s advice. Even though there are people that are complementing my parents, I am not letting it get to my head and staying humble and learning my mistakes. After the games, my mom would talk about how much better I have gotten since my freshmen year and she said,”You are getting coaches eyes and still improving every time.”. So the next couple of days after the game, I would watch football games and pick out arm tackles and what goes wrong on the offense. This is how sports in my family has led me to play the sport that I have enjoyed in my time at highschool. I have learned by watching and playing the sport.