Nature: Go with the Flow

qhdud9573
Almost every other summer, my parents, my sister, my grandparents, all my aunts, uncles, and cousins go to Kangwondo. It is the equivalent of Adirondacks, New York in Korea, where those who don’t go to the beach go for a summer vacation. The region is mostly mountainous with a few bodies of water. As my cousins and I got older, we included white water rafting into our itinerary. About 5 summers ago, the day we were going rafting, the water level was high because of the rainstorm from the previous day. But the sky was clear with just the perfect amount of clouds to accent the blue sky. It was a beautiful day. So we set out in an inflatable boat with helmets, paddles, and life vests. The beginning of the adventure was calm. Later we passed a few drops and finally experienced the thrill we paid for. After several small drops, we calmed down from the excitement. Then, we approached the biggest drop of the course, as the guide told us. The boat rose following the rhythm of the wave, hit a massive rock and it flipped upside down. The drop swept the boat away before we could grab onto it. Once we were off the boat, the turbulence in the white water sucked us in. Even with the life jackets, the water was constantly being dumped over us. Out of desperation, we made random movements, which weren’t exactly swimming. We all ended up drinking up a lot of water and getting cuts. Except my grandmother. My grandmother on the other hand just let herself float. She floated down the river until she was rescued. She told us later that she just looked up at the sky and enjoyed the scenery. Most times people can’t handle not being in control. But, go with the flow. Sometimes you just need to relax and trust the nature around you.