Nature: The Forgotten Mother

a_n_a_r_i_12
On Mothers’ Day most of us thank and celebrate in some way or another the person that gave life to us, who we don’t thank is what gives and allows us to live, Mother Nature. The Earth is our home, and our mother is nature yet most of us forget about her remembering only when we are in need of her. We destroy magical woods and beautiful forests for pieces of paper and materialistic objects that we don’t even need. Most people adolescents especially forget about nature like a fashion that goes out of style, but they’re wrong, nature is classic.

The technologically world around us advancing is inevitable, we however do control the impact that we choose to have on the world and how that will affect us. Most teenagers currently have some type of social network to which they are basically attached to or spend most of the twenty four hours in a day connected to it. They forget about the simple things in life like taking a walk, going to the park on a warm sunny day, or simply going to the beach and feeling the moist sand in between their toes while the gentle breeze that lifts their hair gives them a feeling that they are invincible. Although that represents a majority of young people today there’s also those that choose to go against the current and opt for the little things in life while truly appreciating them. Teenagers need an escape every now and then and nature has it, but just as nature helps us we too need to help nature.

Society as a whole needs mother nature we depend on her for almost everything and if we don’t start treating her right, like anything else that we don’t treat right it will wither and end up perishing. Although there are countless organizations and youth groups dedicated to conserving nature we as individuals need to take a part too. The consequences of our actions will be here soon and we humanity, will have to face it sooner or later. Teenagers today will be tomorrows adults whether we like it or not we have to step up and help nature while we still can because what we think we can control today will tomorrow end up controlling us.