STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: A Reinvigorating Inspiration

JeremyQuach
As someone who would like to call himself a writer, I spend a fair amount of my days indoors, tirelessly tapping away at my laptop keyboard. I make sure to close my door and lock it, turn off the TV and the music I have playing, and close all applications on my laptop besides my preferred word processor. I do this because I know how I work. If don't do these things, I'll get distracted and no writing will get done.

For the sake of the written word, and my love for it, I'm willing to completely isolate myself from the outside world. It works, for the most part. While it may be a solitary way to go about things, writing gets done and stories are produced, which are results I can't argue with. I run into issues with this method, though. There are times when I feel creatively bankrupt. It's difficult to take inspiration from my relatively barren room. I feel my creative juices become stale. I don't know what to write anymore. My writing becomes dull and I lose my creativity.

I struggle to string words together in a way that is satisfactory. I struggle to tell a story that's worth telling. I struggle to express my feelings in one of the only ways I know how. My psych begins to feel some unrest. This isn't how things should be.

During these times, I pack my laptop and venture outside. I walk to a nearby park and take a seat on an empty bench. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

Inhale.

Exhale.

I let my mind, body, and soul absorb the outside ambience. The warmth of the sun's rays comfort me. The occasional cool breeze relaxes me. The problems and troubles in my life begin to fade away. I stop worrying about what's going on at home or at school. None of that matters right now.

Inhale.

Exhale.

I open my eyes and let myself aimlessly gaze at the cloudless, beautiful, seemingly endless blue sky. The mellifluous tone of birds chirping is music to my ears. I feel a smile creep up my face, as I enter a zen-like state where I feel my soul is devoid of chaos, stress, and woe.

Inhale.

Exhale.

It's a wondrous, tranquil, and reinvigorating experience. Everything around me seems to be bursting with life. I finally take out my laptop and begin writing. I feel my own writing begin to burst with life. I feel my creative juices begin to flow again, and I couldn't feel more creatively rich with ideas. The only thing stopping me from writing every word, story, or idea I have and can is my typing speed.

I feel alive. I feel like I could write forever. If you were to cut me open, I would bleed genuine happiness and I would die happy.

That’s how nature inspires me.
Rate this:
Comment by ving

You create an excellent portrait of nature's revitalizing affects on human creativity. I can completely relate.
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 1:19:00 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy