Nature: Blinks of time

goldendroplets
I remembered being a fussy and annoying girl when I was young. I loved going out and at that time, nature was my best friend. There was a church next to where I live. The church was covered by a land of grass and flowers. Behind the church was a river. I recall families lying on the grass having picnics and children of different families would play hide and seek together. Screams of laughter from children and giggles of parents talking with one another would be heard. My parents and I would go there whenever we could.

I moved away from there 5 years ago. Now, I'm 5 years older and so much has changed. My parents have become busier and school life has been devouring my time. Family communications is way less now. Life now is more about stress and time was of the essence. The only time when the whole family could bond together was at dinner time. There was barely a sound of laughter or even a squeak of giggling.

One Sunday, both of my parents had a day off. We agreed on going to a park. When we arrived, it felt different. It was so different from the city life that I have been living in these 5 years. The air was fresher and the surrounding was way greener and colorful. Stress seemed to disappear and I felt less tensed. Seeing the nature was comforting.

This park was a bit different from the one that I used to go when I was young. This one was way bigger and instead of a river, there were many ponds. We decided to have a picnic. For the first time since living in Hong Kong, laughter was heard in our voices. We all felt a lot closer than we had in these 5 years.

I realized at how an environment can affect your life. “Enjoyment” seemed different in the city. It was the opposite from the feeling that I had in the park. I completely forgot (lost) this feeling ever since I came to Hong Kong.

Nature could create a different story in your life. For me, it had created unforgettable memories, and I can still enjoy it. To me, nature brought me great happiness. Why don’t you try it? Go out, see how the nature is instead of lying around your house waiting for something to happen because, it might bring a speck of magic into your life.