STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: Blinks of time

goldendroplets
I remembered being a fussy and annoying girl when I was young. I loved going out and at that time, nature was my best friend. There was a church next to where I live. The church was covered by a land of grass and flowers. Behind the church was a river. I recall families lying on the grass having picnics and children of different families would play hide and seek together. Screams of laughter from children and giggles of parents talking with one another would be heard. My parents and I would go there whenever we could.

I moved away from there 5 years ago. Now, I'm 5 years older and so much has changed. My parents have become busier and school life has been devouring my time. Family communications is way less now. Life now is more about stress and time was of the essence. The only time when the whole family could bond together was at dinner time. There was barely a sound of laughter or even a squeak of giggling.

One Sunday, both of my parents had a day off. We agreed on going to a park. When we arrived, it felt different. It was so different from the city life that I have been living in these 5 years. The air was fresher and the surrounding was way greener and colorful. Stress seemed to disappear and I felt less tensed. Seeing the nature was comforting.

This park was a bit different from the one that I used to go when I was young. This one was way bigger and instead of a river, there were many ponds. We decided to have a picnic. For the first time since living in Hong Kong, laughter was heard in our voices. We all felt a lot closer than we had in these 5 years.

I realized at how an environment can affect your life. “Enjoyment” seemed different in the city. It was the opposite from the feeling that I had in the park. I completely forgot (lost) this feeling ever since I came to Hong Kong.

Nature could create a different story in your life. For me, it had created unforgettable memories, and I can still enjoy it. To me, nature brought me great happiness. Why don’t you try it? Go out, see how the nature is instead of lying around your house waiting for something to happen because, it might bring a speck of magic into your life.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy