STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: Inspecting Flowers

taylorroelofs
Summer is a word most people use in a positive context. For example: “yay, it’s summer.” But for kids and teens all around the U.S. summer can be a very long, very boring thing. With both parents working and no form of transportation, summer can seem like endless hours spent inside with nothing but a T.V, remote and a bag of potato chips. That’s where the outdoors can be so helpful.
Today’s generation has grown up on T.V, videogames and social media. The media is literally raising this generation. What happened to the days when boys would play catch in the grass while girls rode their bikes and pretended they were pink ponies? Kids have forgotten how to use nature to their advantage. They’ve forgotten how to play in the trees with leaves and rocks as your pretend “food.” Teenagers like me who used to play outside for hours on end choose to go to the mall instead of the beach or on a nature hike. It truly is an epidemic.
I remember when I was little, my neighbors and I would spend hours and hours outside. We would even bring the indoors outside. We’d make blanket forts in the trees and play dolls in the grass - not even taking time to go inside and eat, we’d do that outside too. Those days spent playing outside helped shape my personality; they helped me become who I am today. If it weren’t for the inspiration and adventures in nature I’d be a totally different person… I would have no imagination or no longing for new experiences.
So whether you are two (2) or 22, I challenge you to get outside and enjoy the view. There’s nothing more relaxing than an afternoon stroll in a local park. The outdoors is purely there for our enjoyment. Have you ever stopped and inspected a flower? I mean really looked at it and all it’s parts, colors, and intricate designs… It’s simply stunning! All the tiny parts that fit together to make something so glorious. Enjoy it. Take advantage of what the world has to offer you. Let it inspire, change and shape you.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy