Nature: My Family plus the National Park Service equals the Love of Nature

naturelover32
Back when I was ten years old my parents took my siblings and I to Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona; and so they started a tradition which keeps my family in love with nature as we have traveled to many parks since then. In the summer of 2009 we hiked into the depth of Carlsbad Caverns and saw the wonders of the underground world, and then at the gift shop we found a collection of New Deal Era postcards which portray many different natural gems of our beautiful country. For example places like Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon, Zion and Yosemite are all portrayed in these unique old-timey postcards, we eventually framed all 24 cards and have set the goal of visiting all of these gorgeous places, we have yet to attend six of these parks.
Although all of these parks are fabulous I would have to admit that my favorite park is Zion National Park in Utah, I love it so much I have been there twice. This park is absolutely gorgeous and really fun for hikers. My all-time favorite hiking trail is within this beautiful park; the Narrows is a path which at first runs along side the Virgin River, but the river becomes the path. This section of the Virgin River is within a canyon itself and the canyon wall becomes what you use to keep you balance. The feeling within this canyon is truly exquisite, you feel as if you belong there, in nature, and that you should never leave the safety of this wilderness. Trees grow all along the top of the canyon wall and some smaller vegetation even grows on the canyon wall. The sounds of nature surround and soothe you while you hike in the beautiful river. As I hiked along I suddenly became aware of so many things that make nature so great: a deer grazing on the grass far above us, the sun warming the chilly water as it peeks above the canyon walls and the patterns on the rocks that are unique to each of the thousands of rocks in that river. Every detail of nature is precious, traveling to all of these parks and exploring the wonders of nature for myself has inspired me to do my part when it comes to keeping nature clean, beautiful and above all natural.