STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: Simple Things

bigham8
Early in the morning, I pull on a sweatshirt, unzip my sleeping bag and slip out my tent. Nobody else is up yet. I sit on a log and look around me. The forest is just beginning to come to life. The first rays of sunlight are poking over the horizon and there is a light mountain breeze. I soak in the view, and then, closing my eyes, I think, “Nothing could be better.”
Nature has always been an inspiration to me. While I enjoy interacting with others, I think we should all experience it at one time or another. Nature is a series of extravagant designs and patterns, yet in and of itself it is rather simple. From nature, I have learned to enjoy the simple things in life.
So often, we find ourselves constantly caught up in the business of life, running to work or school or to a concert or whatever it may be. People always seem to be in a rush. Out in the wilderness where there is peace and quiet, we find time to settle down and take a deep breath before continuing with our usually hectic schedule.
While about the labors of the day, we forgot to pause and reflect. Sometimes when I put my dog in for the night, I look up at the stars, and just think about how magnificent they are. As I am walking to school, I pause to look at a bird’s nest high up in the trees. I am reminded how wonderful simple things are.
Now, on several occasions, I have gone out to a forest or other “nature spot” to ponder questions that are on my mind. This not only helps me clear up my mind, but in many instances, I have realized that I am often overlooking many of the incredible things right in front of my eyes. That is why nature inspires me.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy