Nature: Simple Things

bigham8
Early in the morning, I pull on a sweatshirt, unzip my sleeping bag and slip out my tent. Nobody else is up yet. I sit on a log and look around me. The forest is just beginning to come to life. The first rays of sunlight are poking over the horizon and there is a light mountain breeze. I soak in the view, and then, closing my eyes, I think, “Nothing could be better.”
Nature has always been an inspiration to me. While I enjoy interacting with others, I think we should all experience it at one time or another. Nature is a series of extravagant designs and patterns, yet in and of itself it is rather simple. From nature, I have learned to enjoy the simple things in life.
So often, we find ourselves constantly caught up in the business of life, running to work or school or to a concert or whatever it may be. People always seem to be in a rush. Out in the wilderness where there is peace and quiet, we find time to settle down and take a deep breath before continuing with our usually hectic schedule.
While about the labors of the day, we forgot to pause and reflect. Sometimes when I put my dog in for the night, I look up at the stars, and just think about how magnificent they are. As I am walking to school, I pause to look at a bird’s nest high up in the trees. I am reminded how wonderful simple things are.
Now, on several occasions, I have gone out to a forest or other “nature spot” to ponder questions that are on my mind. This not only helps me clear up my mind, but in many instances, I have realized that I am often overlooking many of the incredible things right in front of my eyes. That is why nature inspires me.