Nature: The Treasure of Memories

Agoi77
I slowly open the front door and jump into my slipper as I make my way across the front lawn. I squint my eyes, which have been starring at a computer screen for the past couple hours, at the evening sun above the horizon. With a trash bag in one of my hands I walk towards the bin at the other side of the road. Slowly, I become aware of a moist smell lingering in the air. It is the ever so sweet smell of sprinklers watering the grass. I take a deep breath and my mind slowly travels away from the sound of cars, engines and children. Instead, I see myself as a little girl running through a meadow, two long braids following my cheerful movements. Above, the sun painted the sky in red and purple colors. With every step I feel the grass softly brushing pass my legs and dandelions raise to the sky like butterflies awaken from a long sleep. The rain from midday left a moist smell on the grass and little droplets of rain fall to the ground and explodes scents of freshness into the air as they are shaken by my fast movement. The scene slowly changes and a much older girl walks with her friend on the pavement. The sun is down and the air is filled with the melodic sound of crickets. Now and then a frog would join in to the orchestra. The two teenagers talk and laugh as they clumsily stumble over rocks. Their feet hurt because they have been running outside for the whole day, playing silly game as if they were children again. A loud horn from the oncoming car brings me back to reality as I realize that I have stopped in the middle of the road. With a smile I run towards the trash bins and throw the bags away. “Today I will eat lunch outside in the yard”, I think as I skip back home.
Comment by yiyijessicali

Short and sweet piece of writing! I enjoyed your narrative :)
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 2:34:42 AM
Comment by ogeewiz

Lovely - Your writing left me wanting to hear what happened next...
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:12:37 AM