Nature: Save it!

Sketcha
Nature inspires me. I wish rainy days didn't force me onto the computer, because when the sun just peeks out from the clouds and that gentle breeze hits, I feel my soul become uplifted.

Oh the lovely sound of the tweeting birds fluttering joyfully in the sky. The simplest delight. And nature is to be thanked for that.

It has made many beautiful animals and now we’re killing some of the most beautiful creatures – tigers, pandas and white rhinos. I’d like to think we could restore the planet back to its original glory – but the only way to do that is if we all pitch in!

I say we stop all this madness – throwing rubbish out of car windows and littering because ‘we don’t want to’ clean up after ourselves! It’s time to accept responsibility for our actions. The best way to do this is to donate money to charities to protect rare wildlife, as well as buying electric cars.

I am hopeful though, that if we spread the word people will come to their senses! If we pollute our world won’t we miss its gorgeous natural scents like those from flowers? Won’t we miss the cuddliness of the koalas? We need to do something.

I know what I really love most about nature is being able to simply wriggle my toes in long, healthy blades of grass and to feel the warmth of the sun going all through my body and fulfilling my soul. Nature is a wonderful thing. We are wrong to push it aside. We can’t ignore it forever – it’s all around us; in parks, on the streets, in our kitchens.

For me, the best time of day is when streams of sunlight reflect off the sparkling surface of my kitchen side. But with cars destroying the atmosphere, it’s become cloudy and I see less and less of that tiny twinkle of wondrous awe as the sun helps to breathe life into my kitchen.

Nature adds that special something – it gives us a reason to live. Even the hooting of precious, feathery owls makes us feel like we’re not alone at night. Do we want to take that away? I don’t. Nature isn’t just a pretty thing. It adds a whole element to our lives and contributes to our reasons for fighting for what we believe in.