STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: Use it, don’t Abuse it

proskaterlol
Nature is abused. If you take a step into the outside world, you can see a man twiddling a cigarette in his mouth leaving an impression on the environment and surrounding people. You can see jam-packed traffic full of cars coughing up carbon monoxide, which in turn puts a dagger in the environment. Humans fail to realize that the reason for their vitality is nature, and in fact nature is the overbearing force of the world.

The wind tunneled through my hair and the sun’s beams gleamingly sat on my face. I sat down on a patch of grass and I tried to become one with my surroundings. All of a sudden, I hear a chainsaw growling louder than a bear and then a tree slamming to the ground. I jumped in astonishment.
“What do you think your doing?” I asked.
“Cutting down some trees, boy.” Replied the man with the chainsaw.
“For what purpose?”
“The new movie theater is comin’ in. You better git’ out of here, boy!”

I slugged my way out of what used to be my sanctuary. I knew something must be done because construction workers were destroying my second home. I looked for local foundations that would be able to protest such a cause and I found Save the Bay. I urgently contacted them and I was able to meet people who had similar nature-preservation interests as me. Unfortunately, we were too late in claiming the land from Century Theaters but this moment sparked a catalyst of inspiration—to save nature to my greatest ability.

It has been made evident by many news headlines that the human race poses a great threat to the environment. Those who choose to live in disbelief and feel this statement is nonsensical have been ignorant to the fact that we are facing global warming. In consequence, many species are becoming extinct such as the polar bear. Nature provides us a safe haven to thrive, and it does not ask much in return. We must fulfill our niche and protect the environment. We must treat it like our mother, for it is the only thing that will stand by us no matter what the circumstances are. If we remain oblivious to the constant threats we pose to nature, then there will be no place to live in for any species.
Rate this:
Comment by yiyijessicali

This is a very compelling writing! I especially enjoyed reading your last paragraph. We really do need to take initiatives to help preserve our environment.

Keep up the writing!
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:20:52 AM
Rate this:
Comment by MikkiB326

I agree with yiyijessicali- you're last paragraph is my favorite part of the piece! I appreciated the style: narrative and reflective.

All my love,

Makayla
High School Editor for Stage of Life
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:20:31 AM
Rate this:
Comment by ogeewiz

The world is fortunate to have your care and vigor - Thank you for your actions preserve natural settings.
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:38:23 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy