STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: Standing Up For the Earth

alexandreamer
The sun was shining down through the trees, lighting up the ground around me as I let out a contented sigh. It was a cloudier day than usual, much to my delight. It seemed to make the sky above me look like a huge shining pool filled with cotton, each shaped differently and spread out here and there. The trees around me were wavering slightly in the light summer wind, and the smell of pure natural earth was wafting through the air. I was lying in heaven, practically, as my hands felt through the soft pure looking flowers beside where I lay. It was the light of day, and I was in a flowerbed in the middle of nowhere with trees seeming to just curtain around me.

Usually, when people imagine a beautiful flowerbed, they think “Oh, it’s got to be in a huge field! No trees in sight”, right? Well, I’ll be honest – I preferred to watch the sun go down from my little place in the forest. I just loved how everything felt there. Looking up, I allowed myself the comfort of basking in the warmth of that lovely fireball in the sky that we have a naughty habit of calling the “sun”.
It truly is just a fireball in the sky.

Nature is so much simpler than we all seem to tag it as. It’s simply beautiful – at times even indescribable – but we still manage to make it all more difficult than it should be. Some people let themselves wonder why the earth has been corrupted the way it has. Pollution, destruction and waste on our beautiful land is what we’ve begun getting used to… but for what reason? We should know by now that the earth hasn’t gotten this way by itself.

Just the things that we do daily affect what goes on in nature. We ruin, taint, contaminate and for what reasons? Just because we’re too lazy to pick up our trash and clean up a bit?
It’s quite ridiculous, actually – the way that we constantly ignore what’s going on around us.

I let out a weary sigh and lift myself from my comfortable place in the flowers and take a look around. Everything is still beautiful, but will it still be this way if ignorance continues the way it has? Forests have been destroyed, beaches have been littered, and we still haven’t stood up to make a difference.

The forest is my escape, but will it be if something doesn’t change soon?
There will be nothing natural – no “escape” in a sense. Just pollution and corruption – and that is something that we on this precious earth do not need.
Stand up for nature. Stand up for cleanliness. But most of all, stand up for earth. Standing up for what I believe is how nature has inspired me, so go out into the earth and do just that.

Stand up.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy