Nature: People not caring anymore

shanelamba

Technology is slowly but surely growing on society. Every day you see an individual with a cell phone, iPad, or laptop, clicking away to necessarily what? Nothing. Society has been getting so used to technology that nature is the one that is suffering. Progressively more and more people are using technology to make their lives easier. But in return, these same people are slowly losing one important aspect of life-nature. Currently, the aspect of nature is lost within society, many people do not realize that nature or the out-doors can bring more happiness than the bland use of technology. As seen in my life, nature has always been a part of my life where I could express my childish behavior.
When I was six-years old I always roamed around in the parks near my house. Either I was playing soccer or playing on the playground set, whatever it was, I was always able to express my childish behavior. This stress free environment made me feel like I was in another place. Whether it was the crayon green trees or the highlighter bright sun, shining on my skin, stress was of the absence here. As a child, I never had any stress, but as of today-I do. I remember the stress free moments I had as a child and as of now I wish I could go back to those times. In response, I visit the park around the corner from my house, whenever I feel extremely stressed, and play on the swings as if I was flying in the air. Nature has always been the part of me where I was able to let go and still be the little six year old Shane, that I was eleven years ago.
Nature, this one word is so impactful. It can bring back wonderful memories from a childhood and make you feel right at home. With technology growing in society, the aspect of loving nature has been lost. Many people do not realize that nature is an important part of our society. Many of the greatest scholars and authors have derived their works of art from studying nature. Nature is such an impeccable aspect of life, because nothing can ever be better than nature. Nature is everything beautiful and more and more people need to appreciate what we have and not try to supplement it with technology. All in all, nature for me is something that irreplaceable, it brings back amazing memories and is a medium for me to relieve my stress. Hopefully our future generations can appreciate and see what nature truly has to offer. I say this to the young of America, do not ever forget what plants us on our feet-nature.
Comment by SOFLarchive

Nice essay. People should appreciate nature and put technology aside.
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:18:25 PM