STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: In the eyes of the beholder

AGirlsLife
Nature is seen through many eyes, but only chosen to be seen by the eyes of someone infinite. Through my eyes nature is its own beauty, I am captivated every time I walk out the front door. Everywhere you go there is always something to visually look at, something to catch your eye. Nature isn’t just about the landscape it’s about everything that lies within it. Teens within my generation vary on the amount of time they spend outdoors. It also depends on where you live in my opinion. Places with better weather are going to have teens that are more active versus bad weather were kids rather stay inside.
Moving around here and there, I grew up as if I was an only child. I have a step brother that would come around once in a while but never really stayed for a long period of time. When he was around during the summer time our parents would plan a trip, going someplace new each time. Our camping trips or simple drives would always lead us to unbelievable places. I’m talking waterfalls that drop over hundreds of feet, or the dry dessert planes, to cliffs leading to the ocean, and sometimes even coming across forests so thick with lushes trees you could barely see the next 30 feet.
I was raised in a family that wasn’t rich but wasn’t poor, we spent our time when we could traveling. During the school days we would stay around the house, but on the weekends we would be in the car traveling to a new destination. One summer my family planed a month long camping trip to accomplish visiting as many states as possible. In the end we accomplished 13 states.
A family of four packed into a truck with the dog in the middle seat between my brother and I. The trailer in the rearview mirrors and bike rack attached to the trailer. This trip took place along the west coast and in eastward. In each state we visited we had learned about its history, visited the important monuments, we also captivated nature’s variation in different states. Some of the places we visited were Mount Rushmore, Yellow Stone National Park, and the Grand Canyon. From visiting these locations in my eyes nature has a large variation, animals in those locations varied to. These places if you haven’t been there already are just jaw dropping gorgeous.
I think everyone deserves the chance to see what earth has provided us with. Nature isn’t the same, it changes over time. Some students that I attend school with haven’t even left the state. Doesn’t that tell you something? I think that this summer students around the age of 15 and older will be busy with applying and working jobs, or spending time with friends doing a variety of different things. For the kids in elementary school it depends on their parents. If their parents are working they most likely will be stuck inside all day not getting any activities what so ever. For everyone in between those age groups I believe will be doing either one of those.
Nature has inspired me to go along for an adventure. Pick a road and just drive, my motto is beauty lies within the beholder. Nature has taught me that it is also a great stress reliever. To just take a long walk and inhale the fresh air, it frees your mind. I am so great full that I have the ability to do all these things with my family and to be able to share them with others. During the last few years I picked up a new hobby, photography. I enjoy taking pictures of nature, wildlife anything that stands out I always have to capture it. I would encourage people to take more adventures, road trips, family outings, and picnics. You never know what lies on the road in front of you
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy