Nature: Meant to Be There

MikkiB326
When nature is gone, what do we have left? Streets, buildings, trash, and other things are not as beautiful as the trees, flowers, animals, lakes, and other things that nature provides. Without humans there to ruin it, nature would be dominating the world. But, humans change Earth and alter the beauty of it's natural way.
I recently got to spend a long weekend at the Pocono's with my church youth group. No cell phones, no electronics, no electricity. All we had was nature and the few necessities we brought from home. It was really an eye-opening experience.
While we were there, we had to do a service project for the camp. This year, we pulled weeds. These were not just your ordinary garden weeds, folks. These were growing up from underneath a cracked basketball court. I wish I could describe the scene so that you could understand how atrocious it was. There was dirt two feet in from the fence with bushes growing in it. We literally had to rid the court of everything not concrete. This required two hours of manual labor, in the rain, with only shovels, wheelbarrows, and our hands.
After the two hours, we were completely done, and had all gone to take showers (the dirt didn't even come off). The reason we had beautified that area was so that they could re-surface the basketball court. This somewhat disapointed me; so much work to take over nature yet again.
But I realized that, no matter what, nature would take over if man didn't keep pushing it back. It overpowered the basketball court with dirt, worms, bushes, flowers, dirt, and more. If our group hadn't weeded that area, the nature would've completely covered the man-made court.
Which I think is saying something; nature is meant to be there.