STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Nature: Humbled By His Work

jessieanneday
Nature has inspired me in so many ways. I believe the greatest of these is in the sense of self worth. I am humbled by nature, I am awestruck by God’s incredible work. The effect these feelings have on me are boundless, and add to who I am as a person.
 “I hope you still feel close when you stand beside the ocean.” The water one feels as he or she stands on the shore of Miami is the same water someone feels off the coast of England, and the same water I feel.  Standing next to this boundless body of water, I feel so insignificant, so small, so unworthy.  Like it would swallow me up in a second and wouldn’t think a thing of it.  Humbled by this thought as I am, I still can’t seem to find the words to describe the ocean. Are we just a life, just a blink in the eyes of the ever-flowing ocean.  Long before I was here, long after I will have left, the waves will continue to lap the shore, like nothing has changed, because nothing will change, I am simply a blimp in the timeline of the ocean.    Vast, infinite, boundless.  The ocean has the power to create, the power to destroy.  The power to support and sustain or completely demolish.  It never stops.  Ever.  Constantly, the waves flap at the shore, the rhythm perfected, the beat is the most beautiful sound, because it is the sound of work by our Creator. When I am standing at the water’s edge, I feel how small, how insignificant I am. I am truly humbled by this in a way I wasn’t aware I person could be.
It’s hard to impossible to believe that I was made by the same God who created every flower, towering sequoias, the vast seas and towering mountains .  That God’s hands that crafted this miracle, this vast, boundless, ceaseless body of life... also molded me.  I am able to look over the seemingly never-ending fields of the countryside, edged by skyscrapers of trees, and it amazes me. My mind is unable to grasp that this was made by His great hands, the same hands that “fearfully and wonderfully” made me. Thought out each hair on my head, also thought out every petal, every leaf, every rock on a cliffside.
Nature has inspired me in so many ways. I love looking to nature to learn to appreciate the smallest things. I sit on the dunes and run grains of sand through my fingers and wait until there are so few I can focus on each. They are so minuscule, they remind me that I am a apart of something bigger. They remind me I am not all that matters, they remind me that the same Who made these grains of sand made me, but He also made the entire world. I am humbled yet assured by these thoughts of His work in nature.
Rate this:
Comment by SOFLarchive

What a beautiful masterpiece. People should appreciate nature.
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:38:45 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy