Nature: Humbled By His Work

jessieanneday
Nature has inspired me in so many ways. I believe the greatest of these is in the sense of self worth. I am humbled by nature, I am awestruck by God’s incredible work. The effect these feelings have on me are boundless, and add to who I am as a person.
 “I hope you still feel close when you stand beside the ocean.” The water one feels as he or she stands on the shore of Miami is the same water someone feels off the coast of England, and the same water I feel.  Standing next to this boundless body of water, I feel so insignificant, so small, so unworthy.  Like it would swallow me up in a second and wouldn’t think a thing of it.  Humbled by this thought as I am, I still can’t seem to find the words to describe the ocean. Are we just a life, just a blink in the eyes of the ever-flowing ocean.  Long before I was here, long after I will have left, the waves will continue to lap the shore, like nothing has changed, because nothing will change, I am simply a blimp in the timeline of the ocean.    Vast, infinite, boundless.  The ocean has the power to create, the power to destroy.  The power to support and sustain or completely demolish.  It never stops.  Ever.  Constantly, the waves flap at the shore, the rhythm perfected, the beat is the most beautiful sound, because it is the sound of work by our Creator. When I am standing at the water’s edge, I feel how small, how insignificant I am. I am truly humbled by this in a way I wasn’t aware I person could be.
It’s hard to impossible to believe that I was made by the same God who created every flower, towering sequoias, the vast seas and towering mountains .  That God’s hands that crafted this miracle, this vast, boundless, ceaseless body of life... also molded me.  I am able to look over the seemingly never-ending fields of the countryside, edged by skyscrapers of trees, and it amazes me. My mind is unable to grasp that this was made by His great hands, the same hands that “fearfully and wonderfully” made me. Thought out each hair on my head, also thought out every petal, every leaf, every rock on a cliffside.
Nature has inspired me in so many ways. I love looking to nature to learn to appreciate the smallest things. I sit on the dunes and run grains of sand through my fingers and wait until there are so few I can focus on each. They are so minuscule, they remind me that I am a apart of something bigger. They remind me I am not all that matters, they remind me that the same Who made these grains of sand made me, but He also made the entire world. I am humbled yet assured by these thoughts of His work in nature.
Comment by SOFLarchive

What a beautiful masterpiece. People should appreciate nature.
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:38:45 AM