STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Tupac Shakur My Hero

sacheezy
MY HERO!
A hero is someone you look up too, someone who made a big impact on your life. A hero is someone who has a great mind, someone who is real. That is my definition of hero. There is only one person who fits right in those words. That is Tupac Shakur.
You’re probably wondering how could Tupac be your hero if he died 14 years ago? He did die in 1996, but he left something strong and real with us. That was his music. His music is so deep and genuine. I can relate to his music, like the song “ DEAR MAMA. “ My mom is a single mother who doesn’t know how to read or write, but she takes care of us like as if she is a college professor. Whenever one of us is sick, she is always right next to us as if she was a doctor. I can always depend on her, just like Tupac depended on his mother. His mother would come home late from work, but she would go straight to the kitchen to make a hot plate of supper. Tupac’s mother kept him happy like there's was no limit, just like my mom does for me.
Not only did Tupac inspire me because of his mom, but also with his lyrics in another song. When I had nothing going for myself and started hanging with the wrong crew, I was about to give it all up. Then I heard Tupac’s song called, “Keep Your Head Up.” Tupac said these words.
“And I realized momma really paid the price. She nearly gave her life, to raise me right.”
Right there it made me realize that I have somewhere to be.
Another thing I love about Tupac is he was a thug, but not just any thug. He was a thug who wrote positive messages.
When I read his poem, If I Fail, I had to read it again, because I could be believe that Tupac felt like me. There was a time when I didn’t learn from my mistakes, but now I have learned.
I changed and am starting to achieve my goals. It almost feels like I was caterpillar who turned into a beautiful butterfly.
I had to decide if I wanted to be a student who was rude, and didn’t care about school or my future or did I want to become someone who did care and was someone who loved school, looking for a bright future. Tupac was my bridge that bought me closer to success.
Tupac Shuker is my hero and will always be. He went through the same things I struggled with. I learned a lot and am still learning a lot. He has been gone for 14 years, but will still live through his music, forever.
R.i.p Tupac.
Sincerely,
Rate this:
Comment by sacheezy

i think this is one of my bestt paperss i ever wrotee
but i had to cut a few part because is only up to 500 words
nd the real one hadd 848 words but ill be putting th real one up soon
soo yuu could read itt .and i know ya ganna love itt
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:42:29 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Past Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of our past writing contests and teen trend reports from the last four years. Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with teachers, teens, and college students as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2014 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy