My Hero is Bruce Lee

chigga345
My Hero is Bruce Lee

Many people perceive a hero as being equivalent to that of Superman. But to me, a hero is someone who is not defined by the strength of their muscles but by the strength of their heart. Bruce Lee was a man of heart and a man of will. Bruce Lee is a hero to the people of the world because he has inspired many people across the globe and has influenced their lives in almost all areas of popular culture.

Bruce Lee was a hero to the people of China. He was one of the first people from China to leave and create a successful life in America. Americans also started taking karate classes in the 1970s to feed their inspiration that Bruce Lee gave them. Bruce Lee was a true hero because he was not just an on-screen figure. Off-screen he was a role model to many people. He was characterized as a very respectable man with a big heart. Although he was respectable, most people did not treat him that way. He received a lot of racial discrimination for being Chinese minority living in a Caucasian American majority. But because he was a good person at heart, he eventually helped to change American racial perspectives. He helped to open doors for Chinese people and inspire other minorities to achieve successful live in America by easier means. He paved the way for two of the most prominent martial artists and actors, Jet Li and Jackie Chan, who are extremely successful and influential figures in the world today. Some would even refer to these successors as heroes just like Bruce Lee.

Bruce Lee had the heart of a lion. He was a man who deeply cared for his children and wife. He was so persistent in learning and practicing kung fu that he developed a new style of fighting and philosophy called wing-chun. He has written books and studied ways to maintain his wing-chun style and he has held classes to teach people about his philosophy and fighting style. Bruce Lee did not believe that he was teaching his pupils. He believed that he was helping them explore themselves. This is a great quality in a hero because a hero should help people define themselves and not duplicate others so that they can ultimately bring a sense of originality and goodness to the world.

Despite the fact that Bruce Lee is dead, his legacy lives on. He is a hero not only in my eyes but in the eyes of the entire world. Bruce Lee was a man of courage and a man of will. He changed the face of popular culture and inspired many people to pursue their dreams and make them a reality. Bruce Lee said, “If you think a thing is impossible, then you will make it impossible.” Bruce Lee gave hope to people and hope itself is the greatest gift a hero can give.