My Hero is My Grandpa

jbooth6
My grandpa is someone who is always around and can always help me in difficult situations. I feel like I can do and be anything when I’m around him. There is never any pressure to be something that I am not. For example, when I am around friends I feel as if I am expected to be a certain way. Sometimes this might be a person who is quiet or does not share their opinion. When I think of a hero, it is someone who cares for others no matter what and really values that person. My grandpa is a great person and my hero because he sets a great example for me and gives me opportunity to be me.

A role model and a hero are two things children and teens need when they are growing up, I am glad to say both those roles come in one package. My grandpa sets the example and shows me what is needed to live a successful life. I have been with my grandpa when he conducts business and he always introduces mw and makes me feel important. I am learning how to go through tough times from my grandpa. I can remember going with him to the nursing home where my great grandmother stayed. I could see the sadness in his eyes and hear it in his voice, but he was still able to carry on and make sure that everything was alright with my great grandmother. He shows me leadership skills everyone needs because he was always taking care of his mother in her old age. He is my hero because he is able to get everything in order and also explain it to me as well always saying, “Jackie, you need to make a plan and then work your plan.”

A hero just doesn’t do everything for you, but gives opportunities and teaches the best way to make something work. I consider my grandpa a teacher and an inspirer to me. He is the opportunity maker. He gives everyone a chance to do their best and get things done. Whenever there is a phone call from my grandpa many times it is a “drop everything and go” time. The opportunities are always entertaining and require family time. There are times when I get to spend times with my hero and I get to learn how to driver the boat or pick out the new towable. I get to help complete tasks that would normally be done for me. I get the opportunity to learn how to fix a sprinkler that I might have to do one day myself.

Thanks to my hero I have numerous opportunities and ample amounts of examples to follow. But the main reason that makes my hero my hero is that fact that he is my family. My family is more important to me than anything in the world. I would do anything for them, especially my hero, Papa.