Retirement with No Money Saved

kenby
What happens when you turn 55 years old, and have no money for retirement? Simple arithmetic shows you that it is impossible to save enough for a decent retirement with so little time left in your working career. But wait, the fear and misery gets worse. What if you are too old for the job market and find yourself jobless to boot? And to further compound the hopelessness, there is household debt to service. The author of "55 and Scared Sh*tless" found himself in that exact situation.

What can be done? Throwing yourself at the mercy of the state and hope that the government takes care of you is not a viable option. There is a virtual tsunami of baby boomers hitting retirement age, and the social security net provides enough for just a tin of dog food above the poverty line. It may collapse under the strain in the coming years.

Even with a retirement plan, most people are looking at retiring with an income of about 25% of their regular salaries. It's just not the 55 year olds who are up the creek without a paddle. One third of workers in their forties do not have a retirement plan or retirement savings. Two thirds of working people who do have a company retirement plan have not contributed to it or topped it up with contributions.

What is a person to do? Many hucksters are trying to sell get-rich-quick schemes or sign desperate people up for multi-level marketing plans to solve this issue. Others tout one-off methods that really don't work. With the shifting paradigms of the job market, I went on a personal quest to become a retirement turnaround artist and perform a rescue on my own retirement.

55 and Scared Sh*tless shows that quitting work at 65 will be impossible for a lot of people. Maintaining their regular jobs if they have one, will be difficult as well. It is a mighty grim outlook to think that you might be a Wal-Mart greeter or work under the Golden Arches in your golden years. However there is hope.

I discovered and present four rescue options, all of which worked for me. These options include job-chunking to leverage your knowledge base and personal experience so that you can continue to have an income above minimum wage after age 65. Another option includes digitizing and monetizing your assets to create a recurring passive income stream. The Third and Fourth Options outlined in the book are what saved the author in a dramatic fashion, provided him with a significant revenue stream, considerable equity assets, and some potentially serious wealth, all before the age of 65.

The book includes a chapter on problem-solving along with a cognitive personal toolkit to creatively think your way out of any jams or problems, as well as dozens and dozens of examples of how people from many walks of life have solved their retirement dilemmas. Also there is a quick guide to becoming digitally literate and creating and using an internet persona to leverage non-traditional income.

This book is a must read for anyone who has not yet commenced retirement planning, or who desire a rich read in generating alternate income streams to fund retirement. Even if you are now retired, this book helps you get the comfortable level of income to enjoy your Golden Years.

For Kindle readers:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADM5JBA

For all other types of eBook including pdf on a computer
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/259619

Baby Boomers (and older!) blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for "Empty Nesters" and those in (or near) retirement to share stories about the adventure of life in an online journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories from Baby Boomers (and older), or check out the writing contest for Baby Boomers, quotes about retirement, etiquette advice, videos about retirement, discounts for retirement, and other resources for those in the Empty Nest and Retirement stage of life.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your life experiences, and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.

Enter National Writing ContestWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Writing Competitions for All Ages

September 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "Who Do You Think You Are?"

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  Gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p