Does our quality of education improve by having so many choices?

slehman
There is a movement toward offering more choices in our K-12 education systems. Charter schools and online schools are increasing. Parochial schools and home-schooling programs are also expanding. More children are leaving the traditional public school systems, not only from low achieving schools but also from those who receive excellent ratings. Do you think this will improve our educational programs? If so why is it better to have so many choices?

Grandparents blog on StageofLife.comAbout Us StageofLife.com is a blogging community for grandparents to share stories about the adventure of grandparenting in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Read the blogs and stories about grandparenting, or check out the writing contest for grandparents, quotes about grandparents, etiquette for grandparents, videos about grandparenting, discounts for families, and other resources for grandparents on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free profile, share an essay about your grandchildren (or grandparents), and pass along your wisdom to help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a college professor, teacher or educator - review our literacy, blogging and writing resources.

Enter National Writing ContestWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

December 2015 Writing ContestDecember 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, share a story about a random act of kindness.  It can be a story about how you performed the act of kindness or one was done to you.

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter StageofLife.com writing contests.

Prizes:  Gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p