My favourite TV show: 25 Women + 1 Man = Crazy Dates, Lots of Drama & Tons of Kissing on The Bac

ThingsYouRealize
I never thought I would be hooked on “The Bachelor”. The show is in its 17th season and for the last 16 seasons I’ve gone out of my way to change the channel whenever I came across it. I don’t know why, but I’ve always felt the show to be too choreographed to be reality. Is it really possible to have all that drama over one guy?

Apparently so! And now, I am officially obsessed with this seasons’ show with Sean and all that drama!

So is my husband—maybe even more so than me, but he won’t admit to that! Having found nothing interesting to watch on TV a few weeks ago, my husband and I stumbled upon the first episode and it didn’t take long before we were glued to the TV. We enjoy the show for different reasons. For me, seeing the one-on-one dates always gives me crazy new ideas my husband and I could try together like jumping off a skyscraper, plunging into an icy, glacier-fed lake or rappelling down a steep cliff. The group dates (and even the night before the rose ceremony) are my husband’s favourite moments because of the drama that always unfolds. My husband is often amazed that women can be so competitive (read: catty) when it comes to men. This is when a discussion about the differences between sexes ensues and my husband gets a lesson in the ever-complex female species! (Think of it as Introduction to the Female Mind - 101.) Finally, the climatic rose ceremony at the end always leads to a compassionate outburst from both of us, “What?! How could he give HER a rose?? ____ should have gotten a rose instead!” (Apparently we know what’s best for Sean, and considering his prolonging of *cough* Tierra, I’m starting to feel that we do!)

The irony is that watching the Bachelor together with my husband these past few weeks has actually brought us closer together. For starters, we’re spending more time together. Contrary to what experts may say, although my husband and I are glued to the TV screen, we are still interacting with each other during the show. Secondly, the show makes me realize how blessed I am to have a man in my life that loves me, supports me and is willing do anything for me. (Thank God, I don’t have to search for love anymore because I’ve been there before and it’s hard!) Best of all though, the Bachelor leads to more kissing between my husband and I. After all, how can you watch a show with that much lip action and not turn to your significant other and coyly ask, “Wanna try and see if we can break the record that Sean and Leslie set for longest on-screen kiss and kiss for 3.18 seconds??”
Comment by Nate DeRose

Congratulations! You’ve been selected the Wedding/Married without kids life stages winner for the February writing contest: "Why Can't I Stop Watching My Favorite TV Show?"

Don’t forget to share your story and show your accomplishment on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media!

Thanks for submitting and we look forward to your future submissions.
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:13:15 PM
Comment by ThingsYouRealize

Thanks Nate! That's awesome to hear! :)
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:19:18 PM
Comment by Girlboxer1970

Great essay! Congrats on the win!
Posted: Friday, April 5, 2013 4:38:31 PM
Comment by ThingsYouRealize

Thanks Pattie! :) I saw that winners get a chance to be a featured writer--how does that work?
Posted: Friday, April 5, 2013 6:00:49 PM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for married couples without kids that allows people the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays about marriage and relationships in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Explore our blogging contests for married couples, statistics about marriage, quotes about marriage, videos about marriage, and other resources about married life here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Creative Writing and Language Arts Resources.

StageofLife.com national writing contests

Writing ContestsWhat's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest. 

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the world...one story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

Enter writing contest

Summer 2014 Writing Contest Prompt:
  In 500 words or less, answer this question:  "How has YouTube impacted our lives?"  At the end of your essay, submit the link to your favorite YouTube video too!

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter our writing contests.

Prizes:  SWAG package from StageofLife.com along with gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  We also have the support from professionally published authors who donate autographed copies of their books or novels.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Students
Writing contests for college students
for College
Students
Writing contests for singles on StageofLife.com
for
Singles
Writing contests about weddings on StageofLife.com
about
Weddings
 Writing contests for married couples on StageofLife.com
for Married
Couples

Writing contests for homeowners on StageofLife.com
for Home
Owners
Writing contests for having a baby on StageofLife.com
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on StageofLife.com
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on StageofLife.com
for
Grandparents
 Writing contests about Retirement on StageofLife.com
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
Enter our monthly Photo Contest too...

National Writing Contest Winners
 And view our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on StageofLife.com.

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on StageofLife.com  Blogging contest prize sponsor Blogging contest prize on StageofLife.com 

StageofLife.com writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g. TIME.com, and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe.
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who come to StageofLife.com to p