Stage of Life needs help taking storytelling mobile!

Nate DeRose
Hello All,

Stage of Life is proud to announce its latest endeavor - the development of the first mobile storytelling game! For the last three months, we have been putting our creative efforts into drafting Writing Race, a multiplayer story writing game for Apple iPhone where friends will collaboratively (or competitively) write a story together using their mobile phone.

Our idea to expand Stage of Life’s literacy initiative to the mobile realm began as some scribbling on a white board but that idea is quickly becoming a reality through Writing Race - and we couldn’t be more excited about it.

But we need help! To assist in the funding of the game development, we have created a Kickstarter campaign as we look to people who are passionate about writing, such as everyone on Stage of Life, to become involved with the project.

Here's the link to see more details and make a donation towards the Writing Race project:

However… whether you donate or not, we also need help spreading the word! The more people tweeting, "Facebooking," and discussing our project the better! In fact, if you're able to help spread the word in some way, comment here or send an email to and let me know where you posted the news about the project. We will be sure to thank you in our official acknowledgement page which will be going live on Stage of Life next week.

Look for more updates on the Kickstarter page each week and watch our progress as we raise the $60,000 needed to make Writing Race a reality.

Stage of Life Writing Race Project Coordinator
Comment by ashleylove920

Sounds awesome! Sharing the kickstarter link!
Posted: Saturday, March 9, 2013 10:34:50 PM

About StageofLife.comAbout Us: is a free blogging and writing community for married couples without kids that allows people the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays about marriage and relationships in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Explore our blogging contests for married couples, statistics about marriage, quotes about marriage, videos about marriage, and other resources about married life here on  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Creative Writing and Language Arts Resources.

Enter National Writing Contest2015 Writing Contests - October

Details:  Select your life stage below to view the current writing contest prompt for each life category, and help us change the story at a time...with an essay about your thoughts and experiences.

October 2015 Writing ContestsOctober 2015 Writing Contest Prompt:  What's your story? Answer our monthly "life question" and be automatically entered into our writing contest.  This month, in 500 words or less, we want you to share your thoughts on an important environmental issue. 

Cost:  $0 (no entry fees).  There is never a fee to enter writing contests.

Prizes:  Winning essay writers receive gift card prizes from our literacy sponsors (see below).  You can view examples of winning stories on our Writing Contest Winners page.

Next Steps:  Select your life stage to get details and enter the current essay contest for your life stage...

Writing contests for high school students
for High School
Writing contests for college students
for College
Writing contests for singles on
Writing contests about weddings on
 Writing contests for married couples on
for Married

Writing contests for homeowners on
for Home
Writing contests for having a baby on
about Having
a Baby
Writing contests for Moms and Dads on
for Moms
and Dads

Writing contests for Grandparents on
 Writing contests about Retirement on
about Empty Nest
and Retirement

Twitter writing contest by
Take a minute to enter our "Short Short Story" Writing Contest on Twitter. 
National Writing Contest Winners
  View our past writing contest winners.

Bragging rights, international recognition, and gift card prizes:  Enter the free writing contests each month on

Our writing contests mentioned by

Each month, with the help of over 20 Editors, Stage of Life hosts and judges writing contests for both students and adults.  Select your life stage below to get the details about this month's writing prompt and submit your essay.  Thanks to the below brands, our educational sponsors, who supply gift cards as prizes for the winning essays as we help the change the world through blogging, storytelling, and our literacy-based initiatives...

Writing contest sponsor  Writing contest sponsor on  Blogging contest prize sponsor Spa & Wellness gift cards by SpaWeek writing contestsWhat makes our writing contests different?

• Stage of Life writing contests are always free to enter
  • Essays from our blogging and writing contests have been picked up by the media, e.g., and used by teachers as mentor texts across the globe
  • We want to hear your personal, authentic thoughts on real world topics each month.  We pick writing prompts for which your answers and wisdom may help our readers
  • We award the winners with real prizes (cash and/or gift cards) from our site sponsors
  • We have Stage of Life SWAG for the winner
  • By entering the Stage of Life writing contests each month, you are supporting our free educational literacy initiatives and your words will be reaching hundreds of thousands of viewers who visit to either share or read real-life stories

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog is an education-based, grassroots, non-partisan, free blogging community with a mission support digital literacy by making the world a better place, one story, essay, and blog at a time.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes literacy resources, free lesson plans, writing prompts for Language Arts teachers, monthly writing contests for high school students (and older generations), student blogging initiatives, blog directories, and financial literacy tools - including Life Rewards® - our free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.